• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2017 - June VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. Coffee1
Coffey1.jpg

2. 02smokemaker
02smokemaker.jpg

3. Superdave
Superdave.jpg

4. BenRoberts
BenRoberts.jpg

5. mauijosh
mauijosh.jpg

6. expeditionnw
expeditionnw.jpg

7. fsearls92
fsearls92.jpg

8. bigmike
bigmike.jpg

9. floridastateo8
floridastateo8.jpg

10. Gunzy
Gunzy.jpg

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1965 M543A2 wrecker

I acquired this Wrecker from NF6X about 4-5 years ago. Tore into all the mechanicals first. then I tackled the bodywork...4 years of sanding! From there I did all the upholstery; reproducing the crane control seats down to the wood and the twist inserts, bodywork, paint, EVERYTHING. Attention to detail in every way. BTW, the dash paint is ORIGINAL. I polished it out over several days removing years of oxidation to reveal the original, never re-painted dash and inner door skins. Continuing on my theme of attention to detail, all remaining data plates; boom control plates, winch instructions etc. reproduced and replaced. Installed period correct VIC-1. NOS canvas seats and top. NOS convoy lights.

The icing on the cake is the M49 gun ring and 1919A4. Did I mention that I built the 1919A4. Fulling functioning, BTW. This piece of living history is my way of recognizing and thanking the brave folks who served in Vietnam. I give you my Vietnam Veteran Tribute Truck for your consideration.

Attachments

Another Ahab

9 gun ring and 1919A4. Did I mention that I built the 1919A4. Fulling functioning, BTW. This piece of living history is my way of recognizing and thanking the brave folks who served in Vietnam. I give you my Vietnam Veteran Tribute Truck for your consideration.
That restoration is a real labor of love, a gem.

Does the 1919A4 require a Class III license?

Superdave

I have had the goat for around 7 years now and it was in a 3 color camo up until the fall of 2015 when I got a call from my friend that I got the goat from originally. He asked me if I would rent it out for a movie and after talking to him about it and it is usually parked through the winter I agreed to it with the knowledge that it would be repainted for it. they had it for a couple months (I guess a big budget movie). I got it back in January of 2016 sporting the new look, Or the old look as they made the paint job looking about 20 years old lol. The Movie will be out next month and called THE WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES. It will be interesting to see how much of it will be shown in the movie. Her are some pictures of it before where I was able to take in front of a B17 and after where it was used in the movie as well as a few on set :smile:_DSC0019.jpg_DSC0031.jpg_DSC0034.jpg_DSC0035.jpg_DSC0037.jpg_DSC0038.jpg_DSC0040.jpg_DSC0041.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't blame voter's I can't stand tan.
Papa maybe it's hurting their eyes just seeing that **** ugly tan.
I wouldn't vote either lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks