• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2020 - April VOTE HERE

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regardless of how much I like all the vehicles this month, I have to stick with loyalty to my friend and vote for Mkcoen's Champ.

While doing so, I will mention that the Champ is probably the quietest military vehicle I've been around, you can't hear the engine running even standing right next to it. Powered by Rolls-Royce!

Cheers

suzukovich

I just get to the point. 1973 Kaiser-Jeep built M151A2. I consider it a restoration on the go. It also a daily Driver. This is what it look like when I bought it in late 2018. Once I got it running( rebuilt carburetor, fuel pump, batteries, Brakes, Rear dif, brake lights and windshield frame and wiper motor and tires) the rest was done though most of 2019 as I was driving it. ( spindle, inner and outer bearings, shocks, ball joints, steering, Horn, belts, hoses, antennas and antenna mounts, redneck body repairs, and finally paint. Someday down the line I actually plan to replace the sheet metal where I did the redneck repairs.In the mean time when not being used for displays or parades. It's used for school runs, runs around town, and in the fall my middle daughter will use it for transportation to her College classes. d
20200123_145042.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jeff Lakaszcyck

There sure are a lot of cool vehicles (and trailers !) up for the prize this month. I can see a lot of hard work has been put into them. Here is a little information about my 1943 Federal 7-1/2 ton 606, a former Army Air Force C2 wrecker. Unfortunately the Gar Wood US6 wrecker boom was removed from my truck many years ago. I am looking for another one. I bought this truck to use as a parts truck for my 1944 Federal 606 C2 which I plan to restore. But this Federal actually runs, drives, shifts, and stops quite well for what it is, so I decided to preserve it in it's current state. I rebuilt the fuel pump, and with a new old stock carburetor the 855 ci Hercules HXD gas six cylinder engine runs really smooth. A used generator and new regulator got the charging system up to speed. I rewired all the lights and the ancient aftermarket turn signal switch, so now all that works. A good friend supplied a set of barely used tires to replace the nearly 50 year old ones on the truck. The fuel tank has been sandblasted, cleaned, sealed, and painted. One of the unique features on this Federal is that in addition to the normal electric starter it has a hand cranked inertia starter, which still works. To the best of my knowledge my Federal is only one going to shows in the U.S. that is still equipped with the original Hercules HXD engine and inertia starter. People seem to love this truck wherever I bring it.

Federal 1943 & 1944 606 C2's JL 2.jpg

Federal 1943 606 1.jpg
Federal 1943 606 6x6 1.jpg
Federal 1943 606 6x6 2.jpg
Federal 1943 606 stump pulling 1.jpg
Federal 1943 606 stump pulling 2.jpg
Federal 1943 606D 6x6 Jeff Lakaszcyck JL 1.jpg
Leesburg Federal 606 2020 1.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a walk around video of the Champ at a recent Veteran's Day Parade.

And while I still haven't done a lot to it, here's the build thread.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tend to gravitate toward unique (oddball) type vehicles. That's one of the reasons I've had a MKT, Gama Goat, and now, the Champ. Were I not in the running this month I'd probably vote for Migginsbros simply because I like things that are different than everything else (and because I really wanted to get a SEE myself), having said that though, vote for the Champ :)

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mkcoen. I like the FLU 419 as well. I could do all the jobs that I need to do without calling the one local heavy equipment guy in town. All his equipment has to be trucked to the work site, that's 3 vehicles. Since I could drive the FLU to the work site, I could be there ahead of him, do the work with 1 vehicle instead of 3, and do it the way I want it done, and then head home with extra money in my pocket, while he's still loading up his equipment. There were quite a few FLU 419s on GP a couple years ago, along with spares. I missed out. :doh:

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went with Jeff's old machine as I said I saw it at MT. Dora and thought it was cool then and can only think of it when she rolled off the line. I like to play to help keep the MV of the month thread going. Funny getting harder to get people to post a picture of there truck for fun but offer a give away for MV parts from Memphis and we get 500 players. O well stay well & safe.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went with Jeff's old machine as I said I saw it at MT. Dora and thought it was cool then and can only think of it when she rolled off the line. I like to play to help keep the MV of the month thread going. Funny getting harder to get people to post a picture of there truck for fun but offer a give away for MV parts from Memphis and we get 500 players. O well stay well & safe.
Papa Bear Whiskey.jpgPapa Bear Whiskey 2.jpg Floridianson, if Papa Bear would just cut loose with some of his family label Bourbon Whiskey for the winner, we would have hundreds of contestants for M/V of the Month, you would have to fight them off! You know, I just noticed, that Papa Bears Bourbon Whiskey was Est. 1921. Wow, that means Papa Bear will be celebrating his 100th Birthday next year. rofl

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks