• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2020 - April VOTE HERE

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migginsbros

The FLU 419 was only delivered to the US. Based on the FLU 419 they build the SEE (small emplacemet excarvator), the HMMH (High Mobility Handler) and the HME (High Mobility Entrencher)

Only 2086 each were produced off the SEE (Whole world) . We were very impressed to meet another one at a meeting in south Germany. :driver: :driver:

unimogfreunde niederbayern 029.jpg

come on
IMG_5936.jpg
folks vote for Miggingsbros Compact, Lightweight and Versatile this month :)(y):jumpin:

votenow.JPG
voteformigginsbros.JPG

SEE exercise 006.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mckoen, I have a very weak spot for old Austins, mainly because I owned two Austin Westminster 105s while I was in Canada driving along the Alaska Highway with it. Unfortunately, I have an even weaker spot for big rusty trucks with long noses, specially when they are looking orange (Dutch Orange). Put the Austin up again and I'll vote for it.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Wow how I could vote at all, it was very hard choice. One day perhaps I will trip into a FLU419. It would be perfect for me with all the projects that I get myself into. And with the extra equipment that can be used for said projects I can keep the Grandkids and my friends kids busy for days. And develop construction skills to boot.

Good Luck to all but I SEE this month.

suzukovich

Suzukovich, it's great that your getting your Daughter involved. The young people of today are the future of our MV hobby. She's probably the only one in her circle of friends that can drive a manual shift.
Funny part, I taught her how to drive using the HMMWV. Beside bringing to displays. It's her transportation to community college when she starts. Of course once she turn 18 she can also drive the HMMWV by herself.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Migginsbros

Good morning hope you´re all are fine to start in this weekend. Thank´s for voting for Migginsbros FLU419 SEE this month.
Yes , this multitalent is not convenient for tall soldiers 6 foot and up or long leggy once because the straight 6 goes half way thru the firewall right between the seats, covered by the doghouse.
But tank driver have the same problems.;):tank:

IMG_6581.jpg

The most valuable on board tool is the Stanley hydraulic impact wrench. So it´s easy to get the lug nuts off.

tirechange 020.jpg
tirechange 031.jpg
tirechange 032.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HDN

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The FLU 419 not only digs and loads dirt, but it is also plows snow! Great for our members with cold winter locations.🥶

Last edited:

reloader64

Once again, a plethora of wonderful and interesting vehicles. And once again, I'm voting for my friend. MKCOEN, I expect a cheeseburger out of this!:razz:

Scott

Last edited:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Funny part, I taught her how to drive using the HMMWV. Beside bringing to displays. It's her transportation to community college when she starts. Of course once she turn 18 she can also drive the HMMWV by herself.

Just have to ask as I will be having my youngest Daughter, and the oldest Daughters kids driving mine what the insurance will be like. I am hoping that it will be possible, with all the insurance rules on age limitations they may have to stay on the farm.

But the FUN factor will still be theirs. I hope that your Daughter will keep the inside clean. We know who will be buying fuel.:driver:

:goodjob: Dad

Jeff Lakaszcyck

There are only a few days left and voting is extremely close, which is not surprising with so many excellent candidates. Not matter who wins this has been pretty fun. Thanks very much to everyone who has voted for the Federal so far.

I made a video of a ride around the block in the big Federal. The transmission is a 5 speed with overdrive on top. We start out in 2nd and get to 5th pretty quick, as the rear ends are 10:22 to 1. It will pull 10 mph in 4th gear easily, so no need to downshift below 4th. Even in OD I don't drive it much faster than 25 mph. In the video I said there is no exhaust system, that is not exactly true but the exhaust manifold is full of cracks and there is no muffler. Hope you enjoy this, the camera was a little shaky.

Federal 1943 606 6x6 3.jpg

Federal 1943 606 6x6 4.jpg

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, that noise wasn't too bad, now its time to

:grd:

although to be honest, sometimes an old as+-is truck is nicer and has more esprit than a perfectly restored better than brand-new looking 77 year old truck.

What is your final plan for this beauty?

suzukovich

Just have to ask as I will be having my youngest Daughter, and the oldest Daughters kids driving mine what the insurance will be like. I am hoping that it will be possible, with all the insurance rules on age limitations they may have to stay on the farm.

But the FUN factor will still be theirs. I hope that your Daughter will keep the inside clean. We know who will be buying fuel.:driver:

:goodjob: Dad
HMMWV has commercial coverage( Progressive), that's why 18 is magic number. I dont see her driving the HMMWV much. When I added her to the policies for the MUTT and our van was like ouch( USAA). Right now she taking the van most of the time. When she starts community college who knows. She wanted to go to USF but ACT/SAT were just below the cutoff. So back door route is in place. She still mad at me for selling my M1028.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks