• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2020 - April VOTE HERE

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Jeff, that noise wasn't too bad, now its time to

:grd:

although to be honest, sometimes an old as+-is truck is nicer and has more esprit than a perfectly restored better than brand-new looking 77 year old truck.

What is your final plan for this beauty?
Right now the plan is just to make this truck mechanically sound and preserve it in its current state. I have another Federal C2 complete with the boom and a much better cab that I plan to do a full restoration on.

Federal 1944 606 C2 6x6 wrecker inside.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the real orange one I was talking earlier over. In the Netherlands, yesterday was "Kings Day", or better said, "Orange Day", a national celebration day to celebrate the birthday of our reigning monarch. Normally, the whole of the Netherlands more or less colors orange and changes into almost into one large garage sale. This year, not so much; even our monarch and his family is in lock-down.

Migginsbros

Migginsbros, what's the 5-ton dump truck in that pic, also yours? Is it an M51A2, like mine?

Robo, we own no dump truck, yet. But hopefully we get one one day. ;)

Following tracer it is an M51A2 .

Now back to our FLU419 SEE.

To get this MV street legal in our country we had to do some changes like turn signals, rear lights, proven front lights etc.
But we let the OEM part at their place (covered)

IMG_6514.jpg
IMG_6511.jpg
See Tacho.jpg

Due to higher Diesel cost we build a Cap lock.🔐

FLU419 SEE Cap.jpg

Thanks for voting the Unimog this month. He´s curious to meet those MV enthusiasts in the future, perhaps in 2021☹ All events canceled for month.

SEEcampaign 054.jpg
IMG_6699.jpg
IMG_6632.jpg

Migginsbros

Bump.........Come on .....vote for the MV of the month. All participants will come to fame but the winner´s pic will be shown one month at the home page of this great site .

IMG_5066.jpg

Migginsbros

Congrats to Jeff and his Federal. In an unrestored MV you can read storys like a book. :beer: (y)

Thank`s to all participants and voters. We proudly share the 3rd with mkcoen.🥉🥉

Congrats to suzukovich and his 2nd for bringing his MV in formaly bad condition back on the road again.🇺🇲

IMG_5957.jpg

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats to Jeff and his Federal. In an unrestored MV you can read storys like a book. :beer: (y)

Thank`s to all participants and voters. We proudly share the 3rd with mkcoen.🥉🥉

Congrats to suzukovich and his 2nd for bringing his MV in formaly bad condition back on the road again.🇺🇲

View attachment 798328
Chris you gave it a good run. The more you show the FLU419 the more you make people want one! suzukovich, I have to hand it to you on your M151 restoration. Most folks I know would never have attempted to bring that little MUTT back with all that rust. 👍 Well Done. mkcoen, what a nice Austin, very well done. It's a very nice MV that you don't see very often. As for me, if I ever finish the Deuce, I'll give my Wife's M38A1 some much needed TLC. It's a decent runner, just needs some cosmetics. Thanks to all this months contestants and voters!!!

Last edited:

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Thank you very much to everyone for your votes. We got off to a good start but mkcoen, migginsbros, and suzukovich all came on strong and I was sure one of them would end up winning. Everyone's vehicles were worthy of being MV of the Month, so I feel very fortunate to have won the prize. MVPA First Florida Chapter were 1-2. That's pretty cool. Thanks again.

suzukovich

Thank you very much to everyone for your votes. We got off to a good start but mkcoen, migginsbros, and suzukovich all came on strong and I was sure one of them would end up winning. Everyone's vehicles were worthy of being MV of the Month, so I feel very fortunate to have won the prize. MVPA First Florida Chapter were 1-2. That's pretty cool. Thanks again.
No issues but so you know I been long time member of Steel Soldiers. Before I became the Suncoast Region Coordinator 2 yrs ago. The difference is all are welcome to participate, Steel Soldiers, MVPA, reenactors, and unaffiliated owners in my region. For me it about the hobby, supporting the owners and frankly the fun of it.. hey papa bear dont hold this against me. Mark taught me well.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, your Federals are top shelf. They have that vintage Peterbilt look, and it looks like they turn heads everywhere you take them. Love the inertia starter, I remember when I was a kid, seeing an Allison V-1710 engine start with an inertia starter. By the way, what engines are in your Federal trucks? 🚛

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Thanks papabear !

Thanks Tracer. The Federals have Hercules HXD six cylinder gas engines in them, The are 855 ci with twin ignition (two spark plugs per cylinder), have 200 hp and develop 640 ft lbs of torque at 900 rpm. Redline is 1800. While the red one runs good the orange one had two rusted off spark plugs when I got it and got water all through the engine, which ruined it. I'm looking for another engine.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Congrats on the tough win this month Jeff!

What a Convoy of equipment to choose from. Every time I look at your Truck Jeff I think of the Movie Duel with Dennis Weaver and Cary Loftin driving a Peterbilt 281 draggin the old style tanker, Awesome Film. I hope they run the film soon, as the movie keeps you glued to the chair no matter how many times you see it.

Again congrats to all Participants. :naner::clinto:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks