• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2020 - June VOTE HERE

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Well again the Green Iron makes a Great showing for MV of the month.

I am kind of surprised that campaigning this month has not reached the two page mark.

I would bet that the Brigade would love to see some more pictures?

Thanks to the participating members and voters for taking the time to educate the Forum on different features and functions of the MV's.

Good Show!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A short video riding the steel horse. A primary chain in a tin cover, 2 pistons, 4 cams, 4 tappets and some other gears behind the timing cover are a little bit noisy.
But at the end the exhaust sounds great. :jumpin:

Chris, I love Harley-Davidson flat heads. In the mid 90s I put quite a few miles on a friend of mines immaculate 1947 UL 80ci flattie. The bike ended up being exported to Japan. The Japanese made a 74ci Harley VL flathead under license called the Rikuo. They were copied bolt for bolt, and built before and after the war. 1958-rikuo.jpg

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
View attachment 803976View attachment 803977View attachment 803978 Well here we are, once you get past the curtains and partition you have a room with a false floor and what looks like a small table, I don't know what exactly this shelter was being used for, but they didn't leave much behind, the rest of the interior is std. S-250 shelter. This one is cleaner than many I've seen and it doesn't appear to have any leaks. And what purchase would be complete with out fork lift damage that wasn't in the GP auction pictures. It's got a ways to go before it's a nice camper with lights, bed and all, and I don't have enough room for a crapper. So as long as it turns out to be comfortable, cozy, and pulls well I'll be happy. I'm going to go with a 3 tone camo paint on the trailer and shelter, and I've got a pair of 11.00X20 tires to go on the trailer to match the ones on the M35.
The curtins were for black out. When the box was new, there should have been a Black Out system. You open the door, the lights go out, and a red or blue light should have come on. The curtain provided extra protection, to the light discipline.

We put wooden floors in to keep it a bit warmer in winter.

If I remember right, there should have been an 120 volt, AC hook up and a 24 volt hook up on the outside of the container.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy thanks for the info, it all makes a little more sense. Here's a couple pics of 2 exterior areas that have been sealed. I'll take a look at the interior tomorrow. DSCF2543.JPGDSCF2544.JPG

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, it was down to the Harley 45 and the M151. I've never had an M151, and Bill has one of the nicest ones I recall seeing. But I went with my heart and tossed the 45 my vote. 🍺 Cheers!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sgt. Saunders.jpg Don't forget the 1928A1 Thompson, with Cutts Compensator, Finned Barrel, and Lyman rear sight. Just like the one Sgt. Chip Saunders carried, a Hero of my youth.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks