• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2022 - May VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hambone

Staying motivated on the project was tough at times but having waited so long to get it started was a little motivation in itself. When we had friends over on the weekend, we would grab a cold beverage and head to the shop, they would always want to know how the jeep was progressing. Few more pics of the build as I see more light in the tunnel.
IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

Always hoping for good weather as there is parts waiting to be painted.
IMG_0794.JPG

hambone

Time to put the 50+ year old canvas top on, always read that canvas would shrink over the years, that would be correct, it took some creative ideas and months to get the top and curtains to stretch back into position. Couldn't just grab it and pull on it, was scared I would tear seams and fasteners as the material had lost some of its integrity, very slow progress.
IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Time to move to the engine, when I started this restoration, the engine was running great, so I knew all my work was cosmetic. After cleaning, scraping, wire brush and sanding, she was ready for a fresh coat of paint, wanted the engine bay to match the rest of the jeep.
View attachment 868390
View attachment 868391
I know I keep repeating myself, but dang that looks good!
That motor looks like it could be fresh off the assembly line...

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great bunch of vehicles!

Hambone has a well-deserved significant lead, so doesn't need my help. [thumbzup]

I've long been infatuated with Miggins' forklift, that has to be one of the coolest pieces of equipment out there (yes, I covet it!).
In the past there was always a reason I didn't vote for it (like running against a friend's vehicle), but I am voting for it this time, regardless! :naner:

Cheers

hambone

Thanks for the comments, guys, I would agree, great bunch of vehicles, I'm liking that M1030, would love to own any of them, that forklift is nice especially with all the extras, I could use that and the M62 wrecker around the house. Time to stick the engine in the jeep and start hooking things up. Hope I'm not boring everyone with the pics.
IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

hambone

Great bunch of vehicles!

Hambone has a well-deserved significant lead, so doesn't need my help. [thumbzup]

I've long been infatuated with Miggins' forklift, that has to be one of the coolest pieces of equipment out there (yes, I covet it!).
In the past there was always a reason I didn't vote for it (like running against a friend's vehicle), but I am voting for it this time, regardless! :naner:

Cheers
That's an impressive collection of MV's you have there, I'm jealous! :)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the pics from everyone on all your vehicles. Sadly when me and Ron were working on the M62 a while ago the phone was not a camera. Many a night and hour trying to get everything operational.

If you want to really know a man spend 200 hours with him working on a project. You both will appreciate yourself and each other to a level that not that many friends can achieve.

Good competition this month as always.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks