• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. Bryan 45

2. ToddJK

3. SCM35A2

4. Migginsbros

5. Weldman

Migginsbros

This is our MAN Kat1. It's a 5ton. Build 1977, powered by a Deutz aircooled V8 , 6 speed trany with torque converter and with a sidemounted Rotzler winch.
This is an actuell pic. Without canopy . We've loaded 2 ton of water. She drive smooth with some weight on the rear axel. Sometimes we bring water to our recreation Yard out of town.

20230813_163633.jpg

20230813_163626.jpg

20230529_114216.jpg

Last edited:

ToddJK

Went to a recent military vehicle swap meet and vehicle display. It was an hour and a half drive, but took me two hours there and two hours back...I took the scenic route and was not disappointed!

Attachments

ToddJK

One of my favorite activities to use the deuce for, it's the perfect range vehicle. Using the cargo cover to attach a large tarp to provide some needed shade from the hot sun proved to be a life saver and the deuce made it easy.

Attachments

Bryan 45

I've only owned the M274 Mule I submitted for MV of the month for 3 weeks. I saw it advertised on Steel Soldiers almost 2 months ago- reached out to the seller, and didn't hear back for a few weeks. I was disappointed, convinced it had already sold, but then received a phone call from Recovry4x4- he hadn't been on the site for a while and just saw the message.

After showing pictures of the Mule to my 17 and 13 year old sons, they talked me into looking at it. My wife just rolled her eyes, but seeing how excited the boys were she didn't put up a fight. The 13 year old rode with me 300 miles south to the great state of Georgia to meet up with Kenny. This Mule was Microjeep's. He passed away unexpectedly in November 2021, and his widow asked Kenny for help settling some of the estate. It's in very nice condition, runs great, and for just a little more $$$ came with a trailer Microjeep built on a M116 frame.

Back home in KY, I've given every kid in the neighborhood a ride on it. I think I've put about 10 hours on it in 3 weeks, which is a lot at 10mph or less. (Yes, I have opened it up on the road. 25mph on a Mule feels like if it had wings it would be airborne) My wife approves. She doesn't love it, but as long as we let her perform the duties of Machine Gunner, she'll ride. Her father passed away 20 years ago, and we only have a few pictures from his time in Vietnam (June '67-July'68). One of which he's holding an M60. EDIT- I just found the picture of him in the Huey- I had forgotten all about it.

Attachments

Migginsbros

Used Batteries.jpeg

Today evening we installed the 2 batterie racks back into the truck. 2 off them 6T died last week, or weeks before. ;)

2 off the 4 survived, 1 used good one we had in the shelf and one new we had to buy .
Each Batt. weight 80 pounds 2 off + rack are about 180 pounds. So we had to help us with a table meat box solution. Upper rack is located a little bit over 4 feet 🤓
20230818_184021.jpg
20230818_185807.jpg
20230818_195405.jpg

20230818_194101.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks