• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - December VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some random pics of stuff I have going on the 5ton...heavy duty tow bar-(mounting in the bed), had both battery tray mounts, spike covers, rear tag mount & box all rhino lined. Before I swapped out wheels I took the time to sand each one down, clean them & repainted them all flat black. Added a pic of how the newer, more heavy-duty air dryer unit looks mounted up on the truck, this went surprising well & easy. Added all new locks to the outside boxes on the truck to prevent anything from being stolen, too much invested in tools! Under the hood everything is flat black, but I plan to powder coat all metal coolant hoses a flat green to add some "color" to it...

Last edited:

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few more random pics of some parts that I got from Bryce Wasielak, going to have all the air intake piping/coolant pipes powder coated green & may have them also hydo-dipped camouflaged to give them some color. The pioneer tool kit will most likely go on top of the passenger side storage box & I finally mounted the chain set I got from Swamp Donkey a few years back. The last few pics are just some of the items I bought at the military surplus store...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have some good campaigns going on here, all I did was add a crane in the back of my truck and I feel as if I didn't do squat compared to everyone else, haha
Ive been practicing my acceptance speech all morning when the mail in ballots are counted im sure to win hands down ! No need to campaign just sit here in the basement lol !

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These decisions just can't be easy, can they?? :p

As enamored as I am with Miggins' glorious trailer, at this point the real competition is between the bike and the 5-ton. Much as I like both, being an M1030B1 owner myself swayed my vote.

And I still kinda owe Hambone after edging ahead of his sweet M151 by just one vote in the last Vehicle of the Year session. ;)

Cheers

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few weeks ago I was able to get a pair of headlight rings that I redid on the 5-ton installed along with some standard lights. I also switched out the air tank release valves because two of them were sticking really bad & not wanting to open. Last pic is of the driver's side door & my stickers...

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some misc. pics of stuff I'm currently working on or are in the plans to do this winter. On the front end I'm replacing both shocks & both axle seals/boots, I also have valve stems & seals for the new rims too. Next on my list is to install the remote camera/tv system, 24 to 12v power converter for future hookups in the truck & new/bigger power wires for when I move the batteries. Another thing on my future list to do is to stall an military air ride seat out of a MRAP so I can keep the military look/theme. I also have one of the large ammo cans/storage boxes that I'm going to use as a center console with cup holders. I've got some new air system hookups & an airline attachment for part of my onboard tools. As mentioned in an earlier post I'm going to be replacing & repainting all the air intake tube parts, got a new/old stock part lower section off Ebay a few months back. Last pics are of my growing collection of chain/cable attachments & spare set of towbar feet...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks