• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - February VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. swiss

2. serpico760

3. mkcoen

4. DeMilitarized

5. ToddJK

6. ExtremeTruckMT

7. VPed

8. Ekline

9. 71deuceAK

10. cantwait

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some more on my ride. for comfort, I changed the seats to modern MV because a drive to our local big lake takes four hours. Since I use only two batteries, I cut down the battery box and stock passenger seat.

The camper in the nomination picture is completely independent of the truck and is easily removed by one person. This allows use as a truck for hauling, serious off-roading, partying, and car crushing. I took it to a truck show at the local 4 Wheel Parts store, where they had cars for crushing. I parked on them and hosted a pizza party on the bed with the cargo cover from my deuce for shade.

And of course there is camping, usually in spots unusable by most others {note the ravine). When the HiLo is stowed, wind resistance is reduced as the top of the camper is even with the cab.
str 1.jpg
str 2.jpg
str 3.JPG
str 4.jpg
str 5.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In that case,

Sorry Guyfang, this time for me its not hard at all.

When in Beautiful British Columbia in 1981, I bought two Austin Westminster A105s.

A105VP.gif

Not my car, cannot find the pic now.

Very nice car, drove me up and down the Alaska Highway (that is from Mile 0 to Mile 422). Unfortunately, my aunt called the wreckers the moment I left, despite my assurance I would come back for them.

So, there is emotional blood connection here.

And I am scared of PB

So here goes, my vote for mkcoen's similar aged Austin Champ EVen if voted already, Is till want to see lots of pics of this car!

Migginsbros

Great participants this month. You know, the winner of the MV of the month find her way as calendergirl 2024.
(if all things be equal as last years :) (y))
Btw. order your official Steel Soldiers Calendar 2023 at member Mullaney or at consolidated press at Charlotte ,NC
European members can purchase the hot stuff PMing me .

Greetings from overSEEs,
have fun(y)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here’s a link to my acquisition thread and a couple of pics of the magazine coverage of the Champ.

0064EA96-52AB-4B42-9A1C-3B691ED0034F.jpeg

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In that case,

Sorry Guyfang, this time for me its not hard at all.

When in Beautiful British Columbia in 1981, I bought two Austin Westminster A105s.

View attachment 891320

Not my car, cannot find the pic now.

Very nice car, drove me up and down the Alaska Highway (that is from Mile 0 to Mile 422). Unfortunately, my aunt called the wreckers the moment I left, despite my assurance I would come back for them.

So, there is emotional blood connection here.

And I am scared of PB

So here goes, my vote for mkcoen's similar aged Austin Champ EVen if voted already, Is till want to see lots of pics of this car!
Robo your Austin reminds me of a 1959 Hillman Minx my mother used to have.
5beaa9cd48d6b9af3beb2e3b95960918.jpg

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robo your Austin reminds me of a 1959 Hillman Minx my mother used to have.
View attachment 891357
My great aunt in Ireland had one just like that, though the lower colour was a grey rather than blue. It was a lovely car, had a wooden dash and steering wheel, and very comfy soft leather seats.

When I was 12 I bought an old Austin Champ for £20 (pounds). I used all my Christmas money and picked and sold a lot of apples from our orchard to get enough to pay for it. Though I messed with it a lot (I had no clue what to do to fix it) and sat in it a lot going "Vroom! Vroom!" I never did get it to run.
When we moved to the US when I was 14, I had to leave my beloved Champ behind, donating it to a friend. He never got it going either and when he emigrated to the US his parents sent the Champ off to who-knows-where. I have another Champ now.

When Mkcoen's Champ is running, you can hardly tell, it is so smooth and quiet. Not too surprising, really, it does have a Rolls Royce engine. ;)

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks