• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - July VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. Migginsbros

2. fuzzytoaster

3. ToddJK

4. glcaines

5. Darylfraser

6. cobra5

7. Godspeed131

ToddJK

To start, I changed up a few things. Took all the white lights on my light bar off. I rarely used them, I just prefer the amber lights , plus I was able to consolidate some previously used switches for other modifications I will use. With the Amazon Primeday not long ago, I ordered some led strobe lights and a couple beacons (amber/yellow). Just finished up the installation today.

Removed the reflectors on the rear, cleaned the metal of rust and paper underneath, repainted, drilled the hole for the wire and installed the flat panel strobes.

Installed the two beacons on each far side of the light bar. Was going to raise them higher in the air, but it's almost even with the tarp height so I opted to keep the trucks current height as I haven't had any issues with bridges or trees lower than that.

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rags to riches story for this ROPS M923A2. It was a 2 year slow burn type project that deserved it.

12168_1142_2.jpg
2023-07-07 16.29.46.jpg

Auction acquired 2 years ago with the help of Wes. She was given to the State of Indiana's Forestry Service but the location was 40 miles off any hardball road. The site was staffed by convict labor to our surprise! Despite being a rare truck in general, it went straight from rebuild in 2011 at Ft Riley to DLA to a parts donor at this "penal colony". It was too much of a shame to let her rot so what's a helpless addic.. dedicated hobbyist to do?

Two years passed as this truck cooked on my back burner. A switch here, hose there, etc until she was back in action. I went all out to make her OEM as realistically possible since it was a near 0 hour reset truck from the ground up. I can't believe how nice the engine is (also how frustrated we the tax payer throw stuff away) and it's one of those diamonds that isn't in the rough but more so laying in the sand. Fully painted to spec, new tires, full service, air dryer, new glass, and so much more to bring her back to factory. She's nice. Almost like a time capsule but she strikes awe in my motorpool.

Attachments

ToddJK

Got more lights hooked up today, this time I added some unused lights to the cargo bed. Sucks whenever you back there looking for something, it's dark during the day at times and pitch black at night...not anymore.
Instead of screwing the lights into the bow, I just used some HD zip ties and a pair of pliers to attach them good and tight.

Attachments

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all, finally have time to sit down and post some info on my truck, I’ve owned the truck since around beginning of 2021. It has to be one of the most useful pieces of equipment on the farm. Every time I turn around, I find just another way to use it. On a huge gamble I bought it sight unseen. It came from a municipality in Alabama. They said they got it for high water rescue but it just sat the whole time they had it and had never even tried to use the crane. They got it from Fort Campbell and after a little sanding it was reveled that it was assigned to the 101st AB 3rd Battalion 320th field artillery. The bring home trip was, very thankfully, flawless. Once it was home all the normal maintenance items were performed, ie flushing all fluids and changing all filters, and checking hubs before and after the trip. Once that was done I trained my eye to the crane. Had some issues with it at first but after talking to some great people here got it traced down to the lockout solenoids, and to my surprise everything worked, but not to my surprise it showered hydraulic fluid like a rain shower, from all the deteriorated hoses. So after many trips of changing hoses out and sourcing the remote cable and remote for it the crane is a piece I wont live without. Also converted all lights to led and reconfigured the battery box down to two batteries. I need to change out all the fuel lines but in due time, and probably the new 1:1 hubs are in the future. Here are a few pictures of it in use around the farm.

Attachments

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member
I am a huge fan of the ROPS trucks. Were I to buy another 5 ton, thats what I would go with...
If I can get enough pictures and measurements or just pictures I plan on fabricating one myself. I already have in the works on lifting the roof of my cab of my truck and replacing it with fabricated one I make. Previous owner dropped something on it and it holds water on it.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgot to show a few things it got awhile back. New door hardware was cut out and installed. I made up some door panels, made from sheet aluminum I had around, to replace the plastic ones that was on it. Welded up a ramp for my pup and a glamor shot throwed in.

Attachments

Migginsbros

The Steinbock Forklift named FUG (Feldumschlaggeraet) 2.5 Y 4-1 is an all terrain 4 wheel drive MV . It´s for 2 passangers in seperated cabins. The cabins are strong to protect them. There are no additional weights but all the sheet metall is thick so you you have an empty weight of 8.8 tons. This forklift is street legal if you install the bumper and lay down the mast between the cabins. But it´s a kind of new experience to drive this rear axel steering at a little bit more than 30 miles.
The MV is powered by an aircooled Deutz line 6 Diesel engine. Direct injected.
All the additional parts and tools are mounted/stored at the MV exept the dozerblade. wheelchocks, sparetire with crane, forks (normal) , long forks, additional extensions for long forks, towbar, 3 piece street bumper, stick with convoylight, 2 flags, Jerrycans for water and diesel, cranearm (1 t) , basket for camonet, Pioneer tools, cuppling for front or rear use.

FUG 009.jpg

FUG 087.jpg

FUGcampain 001.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

FUGcampain 040.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks