• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - May VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. ToddJK

2. cobra5

3. Eklein

4. Migginsbros

5. swiss

Migginsbros

That was the Crew. While Anna and me stayed for the night last friday in the sleeper cab of the MAN F2000 piggibaging the rough terrain forklift. Brother and son Emil arrived at 7.oo am next morning with the UNIMOG and trailer, Emil is playing the trumpet for call.
IMG_20230517_185719_646.jpg

IMG_20230517_185719_671.jpg

20230513_072406.jpg

Last edited:

ToddJK

My horn took a 💩. Made the button in the steering wheel fry up. Upon replacing the button, I checked the TM's. Had power to the horn, and whenever it was all hooked up, massive short at the button. I replaced the solenoid and bam, I got my horn back! Imo, sucks not having a horn, especially when the kids signal for you to do it. Feels good to be back in business. Thanks to Erik's military surplus for the solenoid, they had the best price I could find and in stock.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My horn took a 💩. Made the button in the steering wheel fry up. Upon replacing the button, I checked the TM's. Had power to the horn, and whenever it was all hooked up, massive short at the button. I replaced the solenoid and bam, I got my horn back! Imo, sucks not having a horn, especially when the kids signal for you to do it. Feels good to be back in business. Thanks to Erik's military surplus for the solenoid, they had the best price I could find and in stock.
Absolutely!
The kids are the most fun you can have almost...

1684525410596.png

1684525458813.png

Migginsbros

All right. Some details of the trailer. We got this trailer last year from a kind of Government auction. But you can´t see other bids, you have to offer your willing bid. The biggest plus was that the trailer located at a post in the neightborhood. :D Brother take a look at the post, but only a walk around. No keys.
Then, the day we got the trailer, all parts and keys are there. :jumpin: Trailer boxes were fully equipped. Bulbs, Cables, Tools,Chocks,Latter, Log book, etc.
And 3 new tires.:):cool: We are really happy.
IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1541.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

Migginsbros

The Unimog 406.145 has a straight 6 diesel engine direct injected with nearly 350 cui / 5,7 l displacement. The trany has 6 fore and 2 rear . You can get on 2 or 4 w/d and with or without lockers. Equipped with a converter (like an automatic) . But you have to change the gears pushing the clutch pedal.
This is special for yerk free pulling. Front military hitch. Front PTO for extra equipment like driven Brush.
The truck has a heater and a powerfull diesel heater for preheating the engine coolant and for additionel heat in the "big" crew cab. An Exhaust Filter is installed to prevent glowing particels find there way into the wheel dwell of the plane.
You can fold down the backrest for a better view on the coupling.
To tow such heavy weights like 30tons they gave the truck some extra weight. The big front bumper is near 0.5 ton and the original pair of rear weights are 2,6 tons.
We build us a pair of rear weights which are together 1.6 tons. So you are better at standing starts. :cool: :D:jumpin:
To drive without rear weights is not recommended due to the strong suspension of the truck.

Some details :

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6247.jpg

unimog 2020.jpg

unimog 2049.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

campain 406.145 037.jpg

campain 406.145 039.jpg

IMG_6245.jpg

campain 406.145 038.jpg

Devils Hill 009.jpg

Last edited:

cobra5

Interesting finds when I was restoring the A-2. Also my youngest daughter during the restoration 13 yrs ago ready to help. Fast forward today and she is sitting in the A2 for her senior pictures with me photo bombing her. Last picture is me during 2011 veterans day heading the the elementary school because my kids asked me to attend. This is also the last time I attempted to put on the uniform because it was rather snug. Lol!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks