• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - October VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. ToddJK

2. hike

3. DannyBtruckn

4. papabear/mamabear

5. fuzzytoaster

6. ODAddict

7. Weldman

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a good line up this month! Too bad if it were an actual line up my M915A4R2 would leave yall in the dust.. literally. ;)

She's got an angry Big Cam 400 with 450~ hp @ 1980 ft/lb, double OD, and 103 mph GPS verified top speed. @simp5782 has put her through the paces many times from coast to coast and got his approval. She grossed over 124,000 lbs with corn one day too. Absolute beast! To top it all off it has factory A/C, cup holders, and air ride seat. I can't remember the time a MV had those stock. It's the best "Old War Horse" from Uncle Sam's toybox in my opinion.

Attachments

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member
M931A2 22,000 lbs approximately
2' digging bucket 500 lbs
BMP 8500 compactor 3,500 lbs
Trommel bucket 2,800 lbs
Caterpillar 314C LCR 32,590 lbs
Caterpillar 299C 10,730 lbs
Trailer 20,000 lbs
Total weight 92,120 lbs
-----------------------------
Climbing a 17% grade at full load, maybe 5 mph with transfer case in low... weightless....

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
"Lady Maria" has sort of a funny story and here is some of it.

She started out as just a stripped down "tub" of a former Marine radio jeep. No drive train, engine, axles/wheels....Just a badly rusted out "tub". I offered a running 350 Chevy engine for the tub AND an M37 that would kind of run...sorta. The owner agreed to install both axles and throw in an engine and trans he had laying around but knew nothing about( and some other parts. Fast forward...we rebuilt the engine and trans top to bottom, installed it in the tub and put it on a lift to "check her out". (New clutch, pressure plate etc).

So. I climbed into our project and a buddy raised me up on the lift. The engine started as soon as the fuel hit and sounded so sweet. I decided to check out the drive train and dropped the tranny in low 2WD and let out the clutch.....HOLY FARKEL BATMAN!!!! What a horrible noise from the rear axle!! I tried 4WD and both axles sounded like they were about to explode!!

That was all done early on a Saturday morning. The original owner brought me two more axle assemblies that afternoon and by early Sunday evening, we were ready to try again!!

Perfection!! She was running, driving, and stopping as she should.....but she was VERY ugly.

So, in our little club we had several jeeps done as Army and Marine jeeps...but no Navy or Airforce.

I decided to go with Navy and my body/paint guy got hot on the body work and even got her in gray primer in about a week.

My buddy came down that weekend when we were supposed to apply the "Battleship Gray" paint and saw how good she looked and wanted to paint HIS GPW gray in honor of his father in law who served in the Navy in WWII.........so...I said OK.....then we'll make mine an Airforce jeep and we will have all services represented and eventually we will do one for the Coast Guard.

So....I ordered some "Strata Blue" paint and the day my man was supposed to shoot it on the jeep the wife came by the terminal for lunch and wanted to see the jeep we were working on.
She said "I want a jeep" so of course I said OK....BUT she didn't like the Strata Blue paint color because it didn't "pop"!! Then she saw a Nissan Pathfinder with a pretty blue color that "popped" and said...."I want THAT color with yellow letters.

So now we had a Marine jeep that was supposed to be a Navy jeep but turned into an Airforce jeep....owned by an old retired Army guy!!

I needed some protection from the heavy ground fire I expected so I told everyone it was the wife's jeep and her ideas on the paint and lettering and we named her "LADY MARIA".

The actual lettering/bumper (unit) markings came from a vehicle that belonged to an Airforce Detachment stationed locally and most of them came to see her when she made her first airshow display here in Columbus, Georgia.

So, that was all about 15 years ago and she still runs/drives/stops as she should.

THE END

DeMilitarized

Trommel bucket 2,800 lbs
Trailer 20,000 lbs
Total weight 92,120 lbs
Climbing a 17% grade at full load, maybe 5 mph with transfer case in low... weightless....
Im supprised it even moved. Good to hear my m932a2 is actually a beast!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trommel bucket 2,800 lbs
Trailer 20,000 lbs
Total weight 92,120 lbs
If they allowed you 80,000 lbs that made you 12,120 over weight but the fine wouldnt be but 300 bucks im amazed how cheap MT. weight fines are ! cheap !

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So once a year a bunch of rich folks get together at a local country club and have a golf tournament and 50% of the proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Fund/Army Emergency Relief (or so I'm told). This Sunday, 29 Oct it will be exactly one year since Lady Maria was started and displayed. This morning we moved a bunch of stuff to get her out and ready for Sunday. I put a gallon of gas in the boat tank we use, checked the oil/coolant, then pulled the coil wire and spun her over to get her lubed up. Put everything back and hit the starter and she fired up like a brand new one. Took her on a little spin around the compound and then back in the shop. Saturday she gets a good bath and a few display items added and Sunday she will represent in style!!
LM 1.jpg
LM2.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks