• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the YEAR - 2014 VOTE HERE!

Vote for MV of the year 2014!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baseballump

Guys You don't know the amount of lives that Gun Trucks saved in Nam. As a Convoy MP driver of a V-100 when a fire fight started it was great to know the gun trucks were on our side. When they came rolling up the bad guys would cut and run.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So we have to go back to the beginning of the MV of the month poll to realize the PB and the Proud would have been a great 1st MV of the month. We now have the ability to rectify this and vote the Proud American the MV of the year!!
Any of the vehicles in the MV of the year competition would have made a good first MV of the month. There's only one first, to say you have to go back and rectify that first month's outcome is just silly.

Different things appeal to different people. Several of the monthly winners were in the first month's competition. This is not a competition of a vehicles historic significance, engineering innovation, or artistic craftsmanship. Looking at the twelve monthly winners, I see all of those things. It's about which vehicle appeals to the most people at a certain time.

Several vehicles in the competition are custom built and never existed as a production MV. Other vehicles are extensively modified. Does that mean they should be disqualified? I'm sure some would frown on the departure from a pure original vehicle.

What appeals to me and gets my vote, is an MV that someone spent thousands of hours of designing, building and making it into the MV they want. Steel Soldiers has many build threads from MV enthusiasts who post up their projects for everyone to see, comment on and inspire others. That is what this website is all about; to help MV owners in the collecting hobby and to promote the preservation of MVs.

Now if you haven't already, vote for the MV YOU like the best!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Any of the vehicles in the MV of the year competition would have made a good first MV of the month. There's only one first, to say you have to go back and rectify that first month's outcome is just silly.
Different things appeal to different people. Several of the monthly winners were in the first month's competition. This is not a competition of a vehicles historic significance, engineering innovation, or artistic craftsmanship. Looking at the twelve monthly winners, I see all of those things. It's about which vehicle appeals to the most people at a certain time.
Several vehicles in the competition are custom built and never existed as a production MV. Other vehicles are extensively modified. Does that mean they should be disqualified? I'm sure some would frown on the departure from a pure original vehicle.
What appeals to me and gets my vote, is an MV that someone spent thousands of hours of designing, building and making it into the MV they want. Steel Soldiers has many build threads from MV enthusiasts who post up their projects for everyone to see, comment on and inspire others. That is what this website is all about; to help MV owners in the collecting hobby and to promote the preservation of MVs.
Now if you haven't already, vote for the MV YOU like the best!
I agree 100% with everything you said:beer:...BUT...I think the campaigning is half the fun and I think fun is the intent of the thread and I hope everyone continues to campaign for their favorite vehicle.

I think all 12 monthly winners are awesome in their own right and as you said...whichever MV wins this poll is no better than any of the other...just caught the eye/fancy of the most folks...for whatever reason.

Heck...as the clock winds down to the last day I fully intend to campaign as any good politician would...including telling lies, bribery, intimidation, kissing dogs and kicking babies!

On with the mayhem!!:popcorn:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree 100% with everything you said:beer:...BUT...I think the campaigning is half the fun and I think fun is the intent of the thread and I hope everyone continues to campaign for their favorite vehicle.

I think all 12 monthly winners are awesome in their own right and as you said...whichever MV wins this poll is no better than any of the other...just caught the eye/fancy of the most folks...for whatever reason.

Heck...as the clock winds down to the last day I fully intend to campaign as any good politician would...including telling lies, bribery, intimidation, kissing dogs and kicking babies!

On with the mayhem!!:popcorn:
Spoken like a true politician .

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank our armed forces for the right to have different opinions and freely express our own thoughts and views

Another Ahab

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[ I would rather not get spammed by members I don't know asking for votes in a thread that I haven't even viewed or commented in.]

The above statement is from a PM I received from another member that I have PM'ed a few times in the past .

It seems at least one of contenders is so desperate for votes for truck of the year he is spamming members he dosen't even know . I have to agree with the member that PM'ed me that this is distastful and classless . Maybe another rule needs to be added to keep the campaining in this thread and not spamming other members . This is suppose to be for fun not PIZZ-OFF other members .

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've made this a rule "please refrain from PM'ing" rule in the current MV of the month, but it also applies to MV of the year as well.

Folks, this is for fun, but it's just like your own phone/email. Do you really want someone out of the blue you don't know calling/emailing you asking for a vote?

(BTW I just had a letter in my mail about who I thought should be the next presidential candidate and to fill it out and mail it back. It went into my trash can.)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's time to tell a small part of the history of Proud American and the men who fought on her. That's why Proud American was built and why she is shown and participates in every event we can be part of.

The work and sweat that went into building the Proud American Tribute Guntruck was done at our leisure in a truck shop with fans to keep us cool, any tools we needed and materials we could just go downtown and purchase.

The REAL original Proud American was built in the mud and sweltering heat by a couple of American Warriors using whatever they could find to work with and materials/weapons they could find off destroyed trucks.

Proud American is not in this competition as only a military vehicle but also a tribute to those men who built and fought her.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?71238-Proud-American-Guntruck-History
Bump for the day crowd .

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'll have to admit PMing folks to raise votes for folks I was campaigning for both in the Monthly Competitions and this one.

If I missed that restriction (guess I did) I apologize. I don't think I PM'ed anybody I didn't know or had at least talked to on here but if I have, or if it PO'ed somebody, I apologize for that as well.

In the future I will confine all campaigning to the thread opened at that time.

BUT...we can still lie, intimidate, bribe, and kick babies etc....Right??

Last edited:

RAYZER

Amazing work.

Like the lighting in the "head" shots; very fine!
uploadfromtaptalk1421868083807.jpg

Thank you for your appreciation Sir!
During the decorative trim phases of this build,all other phases for that fact i was determined to pay very close attention to form,function, fitment and finish,over 800 LF
Of applied trim was installed!
From the beginning, countless hours of just sitting there on the floor rolling over ideas in my peabrain to figure out what was next and how over the top it might be.
Then Of course all the input from those who followed the build thread that is now at 741 post's, and with all the positive feedback and support from members here, the build took on a life of its own and recently became finished.
When all was said and done, three and a half years and around 3000 hours is my time investment, i never in a million years thought it would come to that, In the beginning I just wanted a camper.....it became much more than that, I was determined not to disappoint.
Literally hundreds of admirers have stepped inside of the"Taj" wanting to take a look, Not one has stepped out without a big smile on their face!

The whole story here.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/68575-m146-rv-conversion.html

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
decide

poll MV of the year 01212015

Oh, Oh, voting has to be in by 02012015 at 1648
What to do for Mr. Undecided.....................ME

Do I vote my one vote for the one I want to drive or the one I want to live in or that one which I can own $$$ or the one I can shoot from?

How about to buy it and pass it down?
Or do I want to vote the easiest to maintain, or to just use, or the one I would like to use all up in the time I have left.

Do I vote for that one most likely to show the best or the one most likely to win in the poll?

Do I vote for the engineering, best ideas, complexity, or the overall mankind jobs type of sticktoitnivness of the build. Do I place that one vote on just the strength of this “fun” thing and the idea behind it all?……

Or vote for just the one I appreciate most, and I can’t have it or drive any of them. There is NOT 5,000 of these machines out there, just a few left.

I, after having worked on one of these machines for endless hours would very much like to cast my one vote. But then again,
I am swayed by my considerations of the past and future and things I know about.

All these people and their machines are so USA aboveboard that I now have to go work on my truck, being embarrassed, so to say.

[h=1]Thread: Steel Soldiers MV of the YEAR - 2014 VOTE HERE![/h]
The blue thing works! Punch control and click on it

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...T1648&p0=3711&msg=end+of+the+poll&csz=1&swk=1

…………….

I must decide
I got a week and 3-1/2 daze until …………..
Snow.JPGthat wall.jpg

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
poll MV of the year 01212015
Oh, Oh, voting has to be in by 02012015 at 1648
What to do for Mr. Undecided.....................ME
Do I vote my one vote for the one I want to drive or the one I want to live in or that one which I can own $$$ or the one I can shoot from?
How about to buy it and pass it down?
Or do I want to vote the easiest to maintain, or to just use, or the one I would like to use all up in the time I have left.
Do I vote for that one most likely to show the best or the one most likely to win in the poll?
Do I vote for the engineering, best ideas, complexity, or the overall mankind jobs type of sticktoitnivness of the build. Do I place that one vote on just the strength of this “fun” thing and the idea behind it all?……
Or vote for just the one I appreciate most, and I can’t have it or drive any of them. There is NOT 5,000 of these machines out there, just a few left.
I, after having worked on one of these machines for endless hours would very much like to cast my one vote. But then again,
I am swayed by my considerations of the past and future and things I know about.
All these people and their machines are so USA aboveboard that I now have to go work on my truck, being embarrassed, so to say.
[h=1]Thread: Steel Soldiers MV of the YEAR - 2014 VOTE HERE![/h]
The blue thing works! Punch control and click on it
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...T1648&p0=3711&msg=end+of+the+poll&csz=1&swk=1
I must decideI got a week and 3-1/2 daze until …………..
View attachment 538432View attachment 538433
I could send ya a PM to help ya decide...oh wait...never mind!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks