• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers nametapes

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always leave the branch tape off BDUs worn for sporting or utility purposes. The problem is that the BDU is a uniform, so any name in place of the branch tape or patch in place of a unit patch could be impugned if the wearer does something bad. Assuming the tapes were allowed or sold, etc., the BBS realistically has no control over to whom or for what purpose. SS does not have or recommend a uniform for its members. The same issue of implied liability and no control arises for any proposed SS device that were permanently blazed on a vehicle including novelty license plates.

odonnys

What about a Steel Soldiers license plate with your screen name in place of the letters/numbers,
mounted on the front bumper? Or the screen name stenciled somewhere small and standard for all the trucks.
Say bottom of the drivers door?
...or a plate or stencil with SS and the two letter state initials you're from. Example SSAL (Steel Soldiers Alabama), SSFL (ss Florida) SSTX (ss Texas) ... you get the point, maybe stencil screen name on the dashboard or door in small letters...

41cl8m5

I was told long ago that Impersonating an Officer was a no no. but nothing about the enlisted. There are re-inacters at events I have had the honer to be a part of. I am also a Vet and personally I have no issues with the use of military stuff to show patriotism to this great country. Just behave your selfs while doing it. It a respect thing.

(on a side note: one more down almost there)

wsucougarx

Just an idea I had. Since there appears to be some issues with using the STEELSOLDIERS name, why not just use the singular form of STEELSOLDIER? Collectively on this website we are in the plural form however individually you're a steelsoldier (singular)...just an idea.

BlizzardX23

I dont see this being a problem. I also dont see the community believing we are some extremist group like most militias are proven to be. They see some guys with cool retired army trucks...off roading, camping, and driving in parades. If anything, they'd think we were part of VFW or any of those other groups. I have only personally experienced positive feedback in my truck.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont see this being a problem. I also dont see the community believing we are some extremist group like most militias are proven to be. They see some guys with cool retired army trucks...off roading, camping, and driving in parades. If anything, they'd think we were part of VFW or any of those other groups. I have only personally experienced positive feedback in my truck.
It's true, militia has nothing to do with it. We are basically an old car club.

Tlauden

...or a plate or stencil with SS and the two letter state initials you're from. Example SSAL (Steel Soldiers Alabama), SSFL (ss Florida) SSTX (ss Texas) ... you get the point, maybe stencil screen name on the dashboard or door in small letters...
I like that idea!! Except I think adding your user name would be a cool twist, and maybe look somewhat like it's supposed to be there? EX: SSPA-TLauden or something similar. IMHO that would look good in 1 inch stencils on each door centered at the bottom... Not to big or fancy but good for the owners and other people who know what it means.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks