• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers, users age

How old are you?

• Less than 20

Votes: 68 5.3%
  • 20-30

Votes: 252 19.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 314 24.6%
  • 41-50

Votes: 301 23.6%
  • 51-60

Votes: 216 17.0%
  • over 60

Votes: 123 9.7%

• Total voters

gerrykan

Turn 33 this year. Feel 53
That's what you think now, but when you hit 53, I bet you will wish you still felt like 33!
I'm now 54, and changed a couple tires on split ring wheels yesterday(with the duckbill hammer), and I can tell you it was a lot easier when I was 33!

Last edited:

Oldfart

Actually, now that I am 75 it is a lot easier than when I was 25. I remember spending 3 days with a duckbill sliding hammer getting 4 9.00x16's broken down and new tires remounted. Now I have a tire machine and a 40 year old son who I can whine at to get them changed.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be a regular requirement for new members. Add your age in the poll and mark your location on the map.

Did we ever get an option to change our status? Hate to say it, but this year I am getting into a new age category. With the poll now almost 6 years old, that would be useful.

CUCVLOVER

Should be a regular requirement for new members. Add your age in the poll and mark your location on the map.

Did we ever get an option to change our status? Hate to say it, but this year I am getting into a new age category. With the poll now almost 6 years old, that would be useful.
I can not agree more.
New members should post age, mark on map, and new member thread.
I don't know if we can change our age in the poll yet, it would be nice if we can. I will be 18 next Jan and I will need to revote.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe on December 31, we should lock the current pole as historically important point in time, and then start a new pole.

Maybe the admin can help us by sending all members on January 1 a pm with the request-order that everybody should re-vote on the age poll, check their location on the map, and start voting for the MV of the month. Oh, and a happy new year wish could be added as well.

CUCVLOVER

Maybe on December 31, we should lock the current pole as historically important point in time, and then start a new pole.

Maybe the admin can help us by sending all members on January 1 a pm with the request-order that everybody should re-vote on the age poll, check their location on the map, and start voting for the MV of the month. Oh, and a happy new year wish could be added as well.
Great idea.

Maybe they should just make you a moderator.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm told I act like I'm 5 ,some mornings I feel like I'm 70 so you average them out and it's about right my actual age lol.

Lust4GreenSteel

:beer:72 and shocked at how young this crowd is. Bought the MV as sort of a mid life crisis type of thing. That was a couple of years ago. Thus, I should live to be 140.

Lust4GreenSteel

Bought my first MV 4 years ago. Seemed like a mid life crisis type of purchase. The good news -- that would mean I will live to be 138.

pitpawten

36, just got a deuce, feel like I'm late to the game honestly.

Maybe I'll get one of my 3 sons a head start, however my 14yo daughter said she wanted me to drive her to her formal in the deuce, so maybe she's the next in the MV line :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread has laid dormant for 5 months.

WAKE UP, AL YOU OLD FARTS ! ! !

Yesterday, August 8th, my status on this thread got updated +1. I am now officially 59 years old!

As well, today is the 9th anniversary that renewed my plumbing (Triple Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery) on the day after my 50th birthday. I still feel GREAT and honestly expect another 50 years before those arteries might need any additional service.... Although I was not given any warranty on the job.

So i just thought I'd BUMP this thread in celebration and to get any newcomers to log their mileage.

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks