• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers, users age

How old are you?

• Less than 20

Votes: 68 5.3%
  • 20-30

Votes: 252 19.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 314 24.6%
  • 41-50

Votes: 301 23.6%
  • 51-60

Votes: 216 17.0%
  • over 60

Votes: 123 9.7%

• Total voters

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At 71 I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into senior living. I'm certain the 'sturgeon' that did my Wipple for the pancreatic cancer played a trick on me and installed a switch in my "posterior' because after three to four hours work if I sit down, my eyes automatically close. But gotta keep up with the youngsters. The FMVG just re-elected me to their presidency for another two years, have been president since we started 22 years ago. Tried telling them I'm not a despot and this isn't a banana republic so president for life isn't supposed to be part of the title. But I do like working with our youth mentoring programs, (we sponsor a Sea Scout Ship and a Naval Sea Cadet Corps division) Watching the youngsters learn and enjoy, the smiles watching them drive a LARC-V, or a 76 ft LCM-8, watch an 11 year old steering a hundred ton tug standing on a box so she can see over the helm is great. (we take lots of pictures for them , when they go back to school and tell their friends what they did, there's no calling them anything but true. But when its done, you know getting old is hard work.... The mind says LETS DO IT, later the body says, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING...

Attachments

dmetalmiki

At 71 I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into senior living. I'm certain the 'sturgeon' that did my Wipple for the pancreatic cancer played a trick on me and installed a switch in my "posterior' because after three to four hours work if I sit down, my eyes automatically close. But gotta keep up with the youngsters. The FMVG just re-elected me to their presidency for another two years, have been president since we started 22 years ago. Tried telling them I'm not a despot and this isn't a banana republic so president for life isn't supposed to be part of the title. But I do like working with our youth mentoring programs, (we sponsor a Sea Scout Ship and a Naval Sea Cadet Corps division) Watching the youngsters learn and enjoy, the smiles watching them drive a LARC-V, or a 76 ft LCM-8, watch an 11 year old steering a hundred ton tug standing on a box so she can see over the helm is great. (we take lots of pictures for them , when they go back to school and tell their friends what they did, there's no calling them anything but true. But when its done, you know getting old is hard work.... The mind says LETS DO IT, later the body says, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING...
I concur, Keeping up to the young helpers keeps the brain, And Muscles in 'trim', without a doubt.

Attachments

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How old are you?

What's the biggest age group, of the Steel Soldiers forum users?
This is brilliant! Thank you Doghead. The results are surprising to me. I am encouraged by the number of younger members (I’m in the over 60 group). Seeing these numbers tell me that this hobby is going to survive long after I have to give it up.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey doghead! do a search... this thread already exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl

Seriously we did this poll a couple years ago :) Might be worht digging it up to use...
The advantage of repeating this survey from scratch is, as time passes the demographics may change. I am hoping that the younger age groups continue to grow. This is the best web site on the planet!

dmetalmiki

I read about guys my age still zip lining and rock climbing. Hell I'm happy if I can just put my underwear on standing one leg at a time without falling down.
OHHHH DEEERI DEERI DEERI!..( I HATE to have to tellya'z all), I have a bit of bother.........Finding a decent place...... Seriously guys....to.............Ride my skateboard!! quite a few folk look on in total disbelief!, not least my associates.:naner:

dmetalmiki

Really Easy to brake bones when older, (Especially for females apparently), But, if one has exercised and still does, impact training strengthens the bones.
Seriously I fallen off things many times, My mates call me rubber man, I just get up and walk away.
during the repairs to the wrecker I got caught on something and fell off hitting the bumper on the way to the floor.
In fact just yesterday I fell outside the shop in the dark as someone had left a jack outside. That was a heavy fall, Not saying it did not hurt!. I don't bruise (Easily) either seemingly.
I have always taken 'supplements' daily like they 'wuz going out of fashion, And they definitely work, / Worked for me.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Capt Pat, if you are 71 and have a wipple for pancreatic cancer behind you, count yourself lucky and blessed and :not worthy: for still going strong.
Thanks its true, just had a doctors appt this after, he said he doesn't know what I'm doing to keep things as good as they are (and I don't think I really want to tell him, he can't take a joke) but that I should keep it up. (the real reason I'm still here, being a Navy Diver, when I die, I'm going to hell, Satan knows there's going to be a Change of Command, and I'm going to show him how Hell is really to be run and he has a restraining order against me.) (my shirt says it all, "On the Eighth Day, God Created Navy Diver and Satan Stood at Attention"

Guyfang

Staff member
Thanks its true, just had a doctors appt this after, he said he doesn't know what I'm doing to keep things as good as they are (and I don't think I really want to tell him, he can't take a joke) but that I should keep it up. (the real reason I'm still here, being a Navy Diver, when I die, I'm going to hell, Satan knows there's going to be a Change of Command, and I'm going to show him how Hell is really to be run and he has a restraining order against me.) (my shirt says it all, "On the Eighth Day, God Created Navy Diver and Satan Stood at Attention"
Yes sir! That says it all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks