• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steelsoldiers' new HMMWV project... sort of!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I picked up a 1997 Hummer H1 HMCO (4-door, open-top) over the weekend to be used as my new daily driver. I really missed my Cummins HMMWV after I sold it to TedG a few years ago and have been wanting one ever since. While the H1 is not officially a military variant, it shares enough of the HMMWV DNA to satisfy my need for another MV while supplying some creature comforts for the wife and kids. Plus, it'll be great to have something to tow my trailer again!

It will be receiving some of my favorite HMMWV upgrades like 24-bolt wheels and a tire/fuel can carrier. Stay tuned for regular updates!

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here are a couple of pics from yesterday. Had to replace a busted headlight and a rotted hood latch. Good thing I had a spare latch in my old pile of HMMWV parts. I was going to install my spare LED headlights, but it turns out they're not multi-volt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys. The wheels are 16.5". I may keep them as spares. If not, I'll post them in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augdog1964

Hey can you document the reinforcements made to the H1 behind the driver and passenger seats, so those of us wanting to get rid of the cross brace can have an idea on what AM General did for the civilian spec?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like fun.

Hope to see interesting upgrades and directions as you make this vehicle your own.

Maybe we can all get some ideas.

Might I make a small request?... Post the name and contacts to the suppliers for upgrade and repair items that you use so that the rest of us can easily emulate things we see that we like.

Best,

T

P.S. - Hoping the April 01 initial posting date was just a coincidence

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks