• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering and Front Axle Rebuild.

chevyCUCV

Looks good, very high in the front.

Ride quality was better than stock? I want better ride, but cant lift yet(work truck), Hoping front springs can do the job for low cost.

Iceman3005

Sits about 1/2 an inch lower in front, as for ride it is a bit stiff with the 4 leaf spring but still very comfortable ride. the standard 3 leaf springs were $110 a piece, the 4 leaf the ones I purchased were $150 a spring.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you like the new steering shaft? Did it make the steering feel tighter? Was it worth the money?

Iceman3005

Ya I really like the new steering shaft! Yes it was worth the money, made the steering very firm but not stiff, very little steering is now required to make the truck change direction! The steering box brace helped to! Its almost like driving a sports car steering, love it!

86m1028

great write up Iceman

care to tell about the tools you bought for the rebuild (spreader, race, & seal tools) ?
Brands & prices of tools.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bravo----BRAVO!!!!!

Great write-up Iceman, this is one of my top priorities for the near future. And hey--- nothing like the solid feel and sure satisfaction of a newly rebuild front end I say!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks