• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering box Failure

shannondeese

I took a video showing how much effort to turn the pucks - But my camera seems to not want to load it to the puter-On another note there are 2 styles of pucks there are I assume the old version one piece races all on one - and 2 piece where the race seperates from the end of the puck . I tried a few different ways to pre load the pucks , and ended up zapping them lightly with an air gun to the proper pre load , I think possibly doing it with hand tools its not very accurate due to fact that there's not much to react against . I packed the bearings with Chassis Lube and also the main bushing . Now its time to wait for the sun to mellow out where it is , and get it done .

Last edited:

shannondeese

Finally got the devel back together - The horn wire was such a pain , I tried for more than 2 hours to fish it thru finally it got tangled and I cut the little begger , The horn will be on the dash . here's a few picks of trying to string it all up

Attachments

Last edited:

shannondeese

It steers nice right and left now . One last thing stabbing the bearing on the bottom when I slid the worm gear in one ball bearing dropped down inside the horn plug area - I heard it -you can just barely see any of it - Used a magnet to fish it out and reset it in there and everything was happy after that .

shannondeese

The test drive was good - It always makes you think when you have something wierd happen like it will not turn left at all- then fix it and your almost waiting to see if it does it again. It steers better than it ever has to me . No stiff feeling after a left turn . Were good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks