• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steering column wiring

STRAGLER

Hello all,
I am currently trying to replace all the wiring in my steering column. I have purchased a new turn signal switch, horn button @ a new lever. was wanting to replace the wiring harness inside column mount/bracket where the lever is mounted/pushes in, that has the wiring is through the column.
the wires are colored as: pink,purple,black,grey and blue. Can someone please tell me where I can get this harness and bracket? read many threads and searched but, can not find any info. what I believe to be the part is in TM34 in figure 127. It is:
Item:35, SMR code pafzz-/ Cagec 11862-/part number 7840274, description/switch, electrical. Any and all help is much appreciated. THX.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The internet is your friend.
I just did a search. Found a factory GM NOS one still in sealed box in about two minutes.
Bought the last one they had.
I know it's a very hard to find part. I looked a year ago and couldn't find one.

I know it doesn't help you now but I found it in the first page of search results.

Good luck

huggy

These trucks truly are the exact same as any other 12 volt blazer or Chevy K series truck... Just tony the local junk yard n pull one out of a decent truck that's what I have done when I wanted tilt steering or whatever. It's just an 80's style diesel truck with a rigerized 12/24 mucked up starter system. I love these trucks but can be a pain in the butt

STRAGLER

Must have been using wrong search words but yes i did search. Not the one to post before trying or reading. I can most of the time find anything, Started working on this truck about 4 or so years ago and have only relied on posting a thread when I cant find anything. I was sick for about 2 years and got out of what I had learned. What search did you use? wiper washer wiring harness, turn signal lever mounting, part #?
Thank you for your replies.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never mind finally came accross one sorry for bothering you, thanks tinstar for positive posts...
There is no ill tone on this end.
I have done same thing as you and couldn't find squat.
Just got lucky is all. Nothing bad intended in the posts. Just relaying that I searched and was successful.
Some guys don't search and just post without doing their homework.
Was just asking

I just simply used the part number with GM in front of it for the search words.
Was on first search page