• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Fluid for a 5 ton

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What type of fluid do I use to get my power steering to work? The manual says I need 8.5 quarts of fluid but what kind? And it also mentions the steering gear box so 90 weight in it?
James G.

m139h2otruck

My copy of the lube manual references 10 weight motor oil for the hydraulic, and is in conflict about the Ross gear box. One place says gear oil and another says 10 weight. I used gear oil.

TheBuggyman

Gamagoat1 said:
Buggyman,
My 816 had 10W in the steering box and pump.
Did you get your cold start problem figured out?
Not to hijack the thread, but no, I really have not had the time to troubleshoot the issue. It still starts well, even in the 30's. Really need a wiring diagram.

westfolk

My M52A2 has Dexron in the pump and 85w-140 in the box. I use Dexron cause I already have it for other stuff.....ATF has antifoaming agents in it and is close to 10 weight, IMHO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks