• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steering issues /air assist issues with pics!

docthrush

Took the deuce to a clean up for the off road park, was carrying people around and then played a little bit off road. On the way home I noted that when Turned the steering wheel it began to leak air out of the vents on the bottom of the air assist. Previously it seemed to only vent air when pressure was let off the steering wheel. There also seemed to be ALOT more play in the steering wheel than before. I looked it over and over but have not seen anything that was bent and there doesnt seem to be any play in any of the steering parts that I can get to.
Sooo, the only thing that I can figure out is that theres somthing wrong in the air asist?
Any help would be great!

Thanks
Doc

docthrush

RE: Steering issues, cant figure them out...

After doing some more research found that the top of the air assist cyliner moves, guessing thats not suppose to be like that?

docthrush

Thats the part that moves there are two indents one on top and one on bottom not sure if they are suppsoe to keep it from moving or not. ITs just that cap tha moves not the entire cylinder. Also any time that i turn the steering wheel it begins to vent air throught the bottom two vents before it vented after pressure was removed from turning the wheel not durring turning it seemed.

The diagrams that I found didnt look like the cylinder that I see on the truck, or maybe im just not reading it wrong.

Thanks
Doc

jatonka

As far as I know, there are about no problems with the valving built into the drag link. But I think you do have a problem. You can contact Arthur Bloom at www.m35products.com and tell him what's happening. He may diagnose it for you. He may also be able to get it rebuilt for you at the factory. You can rest assured, your front end of the drag link/valve is supposed to turn. You might want to check and see if your forwardball end socket is adjusted tight enough. Good luck, I have several of these units in service and am having good success with them. John tennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks