• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering stabilizer bolt broke?

Jeepadict

If it's new with the stabilizer, call the manufacturer and warranty it. When I added one to my 03 Suburban, I had to get the bolt from the dealer since it wasn't included in the box. An offroad shop like 4wheel Parts should have it too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

erasedhammer

If it's new with the stabilizer, call the manufacturer and warranty it. When I added one to my 03 Suburban, I had to get the bolt from the dealer since it wasn't included in the box. An offroad shop like 4wheel Parts should have it too.

I got a new monroe stabilizer from Amazon (sc2913), I'll see if they will send me a new bolt.
4wp have it in stock, or can order it for me?

I was going to drive the truck, but with death wobble and terrible roads I don't want to risk it without a stabilizer.

cucvrus

I have that bolt. I would also check all the tie rod ends. I never had any luck just changing the steering stabilizer. Also make sure the calipers are returning to neutral after braking. That creates uneven drag and makes the wobble also. Good Luck. You can weld the stud on also. It never needs to be changed.

erasedhammer

I have that bolt. I would also check all the tie rod ends. I never had any luck just changing the steering stabilizer. Also make sure the calipers are returning to neutral after braking. That creates uneven drag and makes the wobble also. Good Luck. You can weld the stud on also. It never needs to be changed.
The one I took off was leaking pretty bad and had a fair amount of play in it. I just got new tires mounted and balanced so both of these changes I'm hoping will settle the issue, if not then I'll be all over the tie rods. (old tires were very out of a balance)

I emailed Monroe since amazon was only the proxy seller, hopefully they respond soon-ish and will replace the bolt for me.

Jeepadict

I got a new monroe stabilizer from Amazon (sc2913), I'll see if they will send me a new bolt.
4wp have it in stock, or can order it for me?

I was going to drive the truck, but with death wobble and terrible roads I don't want to risk it without a stabilizer.
No stabilizer in the world is gonna stop death wobble...gotta find the source, and that can be maddening. Shouldn't be bad with that front end...1000 times worse with a 5-link setup.

erasedhammer

Monroe got back to me pretty fast, looks like they will send me the bolt for free. So far this is very good customer service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks