• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Stabilizer

prairie

Have searched but haven't come up with information I need.

My steering stabilizer is dented on my M1008, and I want to replace it with a heavier duty aftermarket one.

Any suggestions? What brand? Model/Part #'s would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully a new stabilizer, kingpin bushings and springs, along with some matching balanced tires will cure the mild and occasional death wobble.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to a real auto parts store or off-road shop and see what is available. I bought a Monroe for 40 or 50 bucks, if I recall correctly, and it works fine. Usually the kingpin is to blame but cannot rule out mismatched tires, worn or loose bearings or other stuff.

rnd-motorsports

Got into my parts book the more common brands you can get from your parts store better than oem would be Monroe # SC2913 here about 25.00 , KYB # SS10325 Here about 35.00 and Moog # SS-D84 here about 55.00 + tax could be dif in your neck of the woods I like the moog for most aps. but depends on what you want to spend? they are all better than stock!:driver:

ralbelt

Mine was dented also. I got a new one at NAPA rotated my tires and the occasional death wobble went away. Checked the front end everything else was tight.

prairie

Got into my parts book the more common brands you can get from your parts store better than oem would be Monroe # SC2913 here about 25.00 , KYB # SS10325 Here about 35.00 and Moog # SS-D84 here about 55.00 + tax could be dif in your neck of the woods I like the moog for most aps. but depends on what you want to spend? they are all better than stock!:driver:
Am going to order The Moog #SS-D84 today.
Thanks md-motorsports!!

crasheej

I had problem with death wobble in Germany and we found that the front calipers were sticking. We replaced calipers tell we were sick .But we fixed the problem. Just for what it is worth.

cfish

Anyone know anything about TRW's heavy duty staeering stabilizer. Advance has them for 66.00 they come with a dust boot clamps and all new bolts etc?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks