• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering wheel chain lock ...

welpro222

I plan on installing a starter and IP disable switch in my truck. At the moment I just unplug the IP power wire in hot areas. **** thief will have to push the truck if they want it that badly.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the original poster stated his intent was to keep his as original as possible, I was around 1009's everywhere and for the most part, unless someone cut the chain post #14 nailed it!

Now for security, remember folks, chains and locks are only there to keep the honest people honest!! :roll:

cucvrus

WOW you guys must live in a rough part of town. Nobody ever bothers our trucks out here in the country. Keys are all the same as new and i live within 5 miles of a base. Ft. Indiantown Gap. All these chains and locks would be a bother and head ache for me. If they want it bad enough no chain or lock is going to stop them. I doubt it even slows them down. It makes them work faster so they can hit and run. But good luck. I have unplugged the starter relay a few times in the past on my Son when he was younger and when I went away. As he got older he became wise to my tricks and that was a fail also. Now I just don't worry about it. He gets vehicles started all the time without keys. Not nicely but they are running and driving. He works in the auto salvage business.

tim292stro

I live in California. Car theft capital of the country. If you're in an area that doesn't have LoJack coverage (there are places around the US that don't), you can take an Android burner phone, and hide it somewhere in the truck, giving it a car adapter to charge. Go to Google and search "where is my phone" - it'll pop up on the map once you answer a security question. With other phone finding software you can do things like take pictures - so if you're into the hardware hacking scene, you can put the camera somewhere that will view the driver, or you can remove the vibrating alerter and hook it up to a latching relay that when you call the phone actuates the relay and turns off the ignition (and with electric car e-brake actuators, can hit the brakes too).

Many options... :beer:

Last edited: