• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stencil meaning?

NMC_EXP

Outside and inside my door are stenciled : NFOFVH

Anyone know what this stands for?
Open the driver's door and check the data plates. There should be a "registration number" which is a bunch of letters. Sould correspond to the numbers stenciled in the cabin.

Guess the mfg's VIN was not good enough for the govt.

Regards

Jim

Crash_AF

It's the Army registration number. Same number follows the vehicle throughout its life, even when it changes units. Kinda like a CA license plate... LOL

Later,
Joe

M1075

Here is a shot of a data plate from M915A1 which shows registration number as NPO4Y9. The MWO plate below it has the same number listed as "serial number". Same number is stenciled on fender of truck. My M1009 has a similar number stenciled on the inside of the driver's door and the glovebox. These are all examples of registration numbers. The ones I have seen have been 6 digits, numbers and letters.

Attachments

Crash_AF

It's the Registration number... to compare, my CUCV fleet has the following reg numbers:
86 1009 - NFOJEK
85 1008 - NG1Q3C
84 1009 - NFO3F5

My 86 1009 has the reg number painted on the bottom of the driver's door. Both of the others do not, but the Reg number is the last stamped number set on the door jamb ID plate.

Later,
Joe

NMC_EXP

M1009 with reg.# stenciled on dash and inside of both doors.

The "number" is NFOLGY.

Wish it had been a 'U' rather than an 'N'.

Could have claimed the truck came from Area 51.

Regards

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

mutt1966

They put that on the doors so when your re-fueling you can look at the door to fill out the card with that vehicles registration have one on the fuel filler door also if it doesnt match the one on the doorjamb plate the door was probably swapped. Scott out