• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

step up for short wife

jpg

The M1010 is back on the road thanks to Hillbilly Wizards. My wife avoids it like the plague, but when it was time to pick up her Mini from getting new brakes, the CUCV was the only vehicle in the driveway. She's a 5'2" sr. citizen with bionic hips, and boy did she cuss me out when struggling to climb into the CUCV!

So now I'm looking for some kind of step to make it easier for her. I hate to screw into the rocker panels. That's just inviting rust problems here in the snowy NorthEast. I'm looking at a collapsible step stool we could stow behind the passenger seat, maybe with a paracord string to make it easy to bring into the truck. I've thought about some kind of rope ladder secured to the seat bolts, that we'd stow under the passenger seat.

I can't be the first guy to face this problem. I spent some time searching the forum, and struck out. Does anyone have a good solution?

Thanks,
-jpg

Jeepadict

Companies like Rough Country and Smittybilt have been making nerf bar steps for pickups since forever, they usually bolt into pre-existing holes in the frame...if you go this route, search for parts for a 84 K30.

As far as a foldable step on a rope, check out RV accessory stores like Camping World...a foldable first step to assist entry has long been a staple with the older RV crowd.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk