• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stereo Install M1009

OK so first off, thanks to many on here whos ideas I have stolen and made my own. Without this forum I would have spent way too much $ having a stereo shop put tunes in the Blazer.

So I searched alot and saw Linx 310 post about his $12 stereo solution.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/56441-12-cucv-amp-solution.html
Great idea, so I searched e-bay and amazon for a motorcycle stereo.

Found the one in pic 1. on amazon for just over $100.
Got the sawzall out and made some room in the ash tray. Slid right in after a little grinding.

Ran speakers under dash on far right and center stock locations. Couldnt reach the left side from underneath. Mostly because I put an additional fuse block near the original. Pic 2. But sound is fine for me.

The stereo came with a sub out & i happen to have an old subwolfer. It pushes all three speakers great. On high volume it is too loud to sit in the truck, but if you were working under the hood, the tunes would be fine.

Good enough quality and the ash tray closes to conceal the unit. It has a wireless remote and ports for an Ipod, SD Card or a flash drive. Built in tuner for FM (no AM) and an impressive flexible antenna that I ran behind the plastic dash panel.

Attachments

Good thinking. You could also have mounted it in the glove-box and use the remote.
The remote actually needs line of sight. Its IR. And really its the weekest part of this whole setup. The remote is kind of flimsy, and the battery compartment is not really secure. I can see this part failing quickly.

The amp / head unit is fairly well made. Well see how long it lasts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks