• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stereo wiring

l1a1man

Need music in my M1009. So when I attach the power to my positive battery do I ground on the frame or to the negative on the battery?

Midnight Rider

I'm sure if you searched you would find the answer you seek.

As for me, I grounded my stereo to a random point in the engine bay. I think it is on one of the radiator supports.

ida34

Attach to the front battery pos or the rear battery negative to get 12 volts. Use regular chassis ground or the neg terminal on the front battery for negative. Do not use the large terminal strips on the firewall passenger's side for pos as they are 24 volt. The small terminal above the glow plug relay is 12 volt pos and you could use that also. If you connect inside the cab there is a multi prong ground terminal strip under the dash near the parking brake and if you connect to the fuse box for pos make sure you get the right one. There is a 12 volt and a 24 volt side to the fuse panel. Check every connection with a volt meter to be sure.

lavarok

Under the dash on the driver side ( on side not firewall ) there is a small ground block with 6 or 8 spades. For 12v power, use the block on the firewall under the hood, just to the left of the glow plug relay setup. For 12v ignition controlled, there are empty spades in your fuse block under the dash. Check voltages 1st as there is one empty spot that is 24v.

There is no need to wire anything straight to the batteries.