• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steyr 12m18 have 2 or 3 axle air lockers, according to an owner.

Reworked LMTV

Never thought the Steyr axles looked as substantial as the Rockwells, but an owner told me today that 2 or 3 axles all get air lockers. Odd to have a front axle locker, but ok.

ramdough

Never thought the Steyr axles looked as substantial as the Rockwells, but an owner told me today that 2 or 3 axles all get air lockers. Odd to have a front axle locker, but ok.
I thought all axles and transfer-case had air lockers on the Steyr. I only know of the 4x4 version... not sure if they have a 6x6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reworked LMTV

I thought all axles and transfer-case had air lockers on the Steyr. I only know of the 4x4 version... not sure if they have a 6x6.

I looked and saw a Steyr 6x6

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But all Steyr trucks have Steyr (and now MAN) axles, and not Meritor / Rockwell...
Regarding to a company I know it's not a big problem making a arb locker for our axles. Problem is the first investment to take to create the first locker.
I think there are other Rockwell / Meritor axles with same specs but civilian, and there are lockers for them. Problem is finding the right one...

Christian

The Canadian version of the Stery ( HLVW ) had diff lock in the 2 rear axles, plus the inter-axle lock on the rear axles.