• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sticky suggestion....

mr.travo

We need to post a sticky for glow plug troubleshooting. I would suggest a by-the-numbers instructions for cycling issues.

Anyone else?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need to post a sticky for glow plug troubleshooting. I would suggest a by-the-numbers instructions for cycling issues.

Anyone else?
I'm all for a sticky. The US Government has already done it for us.

There already is a by-the-numbers for troubleshooting the glow plug system. It is the TM 9-2320-289-20 manual. Starting on page 2-62 the Glow Plug system is discussed in great detail. You can't get more By-The-Numbers than that. ;-)

On page 2-25, paragragh "C" It states something that many people overlook.

"When troubleshooting a malfunction"
"1. Ensure that both batteries are FULLY CHARGED".

Last edited:

mr.travo

Thank you. I was having **** finding a TM, but finally got a ETM disc with all the CUCV TM's and P's on there. I appreciate the help and reference. I will start reading up. All I need to find now is the TM on how to PMCS/operate/shut down/repair the PTO and components on the 1031 contact truck. One thing at a time though, LOL!

Thanks!

bombtech

CUCV M1031 PTO/GEN ops

I may be able to help with M1031 contact truck issues. I retired after 24 fun filled years of EOD work and we ran 1031 trucks for a lot of those years. Some place I may have the draft version of the contact truck operator manual. If you are not in a hurry I will look thru some boxes, see what I can find.
cheers and beers

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. I was having **** finding a TM, but finally got a ETM disc with all the CUCV TM's and P's on there. I appreciate the help and reference. I will start reading up. All I need to find now is the TM on how to PMCS/operate/shut down/repair the PTO and components on the 1031 contact truck. One thing at a time though, LOL!

Thanks!
Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

The Wiki pages have links to most of the TMs for many of the trucks. The CUCV wiki has them.

The Contract truck manuals are still classified and very few people have them.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/30356-m1031-generator-speed-control.html

bombtech

classified CUCV manuals ?

What do mean by "classified" ? None of the CUCV manuals I have show any classification restrictions of any kind. Is this something new ? Or have the newer copies of truck manuals (since 1998) been marked? If so I could understand something like weapons systems or armour specifications, but how to turn on a generator?