• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Still pressure in cooling system of my M923A2

MarcM35A2

Hi @ all,
I still have a problem with my M923A2.
When my engine cools down over the night, it builds up pressure in the cooling system. I have already done a CO test to check the cilinder head gasket. Result: No exaust gases in the cooling system.
The strange thing is. I don´t have any other problems. Only that the truck has pressure in the system when it coles down. But ist´s not enough ot open the cap valve. But to be sure I´va already changed the cap.
The facts I have checked:
-Truck starts well
-No white smoke during starting or driving
-No oil in the water
-No water in the oil
-No pressure on crankcase
-Temprature ist always O.K.
-The CO test is negative. (No exaust gases in the cooling system)
-The thermostat opens (But I am thinking of changing it)
-The surge tank cap is new
-The radiator is brand new
The only thing is -like I said- when the engine cooles down over the night, I have pressure in the cooling system!
So what is the problem?????
Next week I am going to check how much pressure it is, but the hoses are really hard.
I am thankfull for any ideas.........
Marc

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as the pressure is no greater than the cap can hold, why is there a problem?

Overnight, is a short time. What about 3 weeks later?

MarcM35A2

It is not enough pressure to open the cap, but to bleed out coolant out of the thermostat housing and under the hose above the housing. It´s not much, but it´s something.
Overnight is short, of cause, but I am thinking that there shouldn´t been any pressure in the system when it is cooled down. Right???

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've opened caps in trucks that have sat for months, and there was pressure.

I would not be concerned.

Leaks, I would fix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks