• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock LOOKING EGT/Boost gauge?

brianp454

I used VDO 150-101 for Boost and VDO 310-153, both are what they call Vision Black, which is kinda flat black or at least not real glossy. I also got an extra thermocouple 323-903. Purchased from Don's Sport Vehicle Sales and they shipped the same day! Best of all, I used peashooter's box and other hardware, so I have a light vs. buzzer for low air pressure, a key to enable\disable starting, 12vdc cigarette outlet to run a GPS or charge something, etc. The boost gauge comes with a red rubber to put over the lamp, yet I had to paint the lamp for the EGT with red fingernail polish. At night they light up just like the other gauges! I'll try to take a pic tonight to share. It looks so good and I'm so happy with this setup, very professional, functional, and look very close to original equipment. It's still a work in progress, as I haven't found a switch to mount for the parking brake indicator or hooked up the thermocouple(s). I also got an extra thermocouple to allow looking at pre vs. post turbo or have a data logger hooked up while using the gauge.

130621 M35A2C Boost EGT Gages Driver Side View.jpg130621 M35A2C Boost EGT Gages Driver View.jpg130621 M35A2C Boost EGT Gages Passenger Side View.jpg

Adding a pic at night as promised. I need to get a dab more red nail polish on one of the bulbs, but otherwise I'm happy as a clam.

130625 M35A2C Boost EGT Gages Night.jpg

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Hewitt Industries EGT and Boost

Like Bjorn, my choice was the Hewitt Industries EGT and Boost gauges. They don't require any power except for the red 24 Volt LED back-lighting, which I chose to mimic the Deuce's OEM gauges. The gauges came with everything needed to complete the installation. I am very happy with the Hewitt products, and they have a tech that is familiar with Deuce installs.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, I think I know why you like the M757. It came with more controls and dials than a Cessna.
Hmm..it didn't come like this. I added a "mini" dash for egt, boost, transmission temp and extra dash illumination.

2008 0423 mini dash, egt, turbo boost, transmission temperature, dash illumination.jpg2008 0517 xm757 dash, instrument panel lights, dash illumination, backup light switch, turn sign.jpg

Dome lights were also added...

2008 0903 xm757 dome lights, overhead lights,.jpg

Fuel tank selector switch for fuel return...

2008 0916 xm757 fuel tank selector switches and warning light.jpg

It did come with overhead heater controls.

2008 1013 xm757 personnel heater test, overhead.jpg

I added overhead clock and temperature monitoring for NiCd battery box...

2011 0811 24 to 12 volt series type converter, overhead, picture taken may 18 2013.jpg

Control panel for NiCd charging was added.

2011 1027 xm757 NiCd charging 50mV=300A.jpg

There is more, but this is enough "butting in" on the OP subject.