• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock single-piece military 6 lug wheels?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are a3 trailer wheels. Will fit the deuce. Just never seen what weight rating the wheels are. I would assume they would be heavy rated with a 10r22.5

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one on the right is a newer one piece wheel that I have seen retro fitted on m149 water buffalo's and gen set trailers in current use that use the deuce pattern. Observed on many military trains as I live in a major conversion of various railroad lines.

The one on the left I have also seen on some trailers other than m105a3. I think the military is trying to get away from lock rings on the remaining rolling stock with old school deuce pattern.

tobyS

The budd rim is like this;

The bolt holes look different on the ones you have pictured. The first appears to be hub pilot and the second stud pilot. I don't know about their interchangability...but assume it works. Edit....on closer look, the first photo seems to have a bevel, so must be the stud pilot.

There is also a 19.5" (below dual) and 17.5" budd (see A1 above) and for reference a bolster/M1061 rim (16.5") in one piece.

Attachments

Last edited: