• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock Top Speed and Oil Pressure for M923/5a2

74M35A2

Posting for potential buyers of M923/5a2 trucks. I was looking for this info when I was buying, years ago. This is the electric oil pressure gauge replaced by a mechanical one, so better resolution. Just snapped this pic 2 days ago:

FFEF0AA0-0B38-4CE0-8CAF-6362A88581B9.jpg

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

You just can't beat mechanical gauges. They read true and are reliable.
All my trucks are so fitted, Both temperature and oil pressure.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So is this just a subtle hint that you did the big cam swap and are no longer double-clutchin' the ol' plunger?

Maybe I read too far between the lines...:mrgreen:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
He is trying to compete with me. The only reason his A2 has more power than my truck at the moment is cause mine doesnt have an engine in it. He is trying to be different with the ISL but the KTA will still eat its lunch

74M35A2

I was going to simply up the power of my 6CTA8.3. Bought a governor spring kit, studied both fuel rate adjustments on the MW pump, bought higher flow injectors with more holes, bought a P pump, drilled and tapped the exhaust manifold for EGT and pressure probes, then before I installed any of it, tripped across a 400hp ISL pulled from a burned RV. It is basically a modernized 8.3L. ISL is 8.9L (stroked 8.3L), 4 valve/cylinder, EFI multi-inject per combustion, VGT turbo, Jake brake, exhaust brake, 2 piece steel topped pistons, etc... The ISL has the highest power per displacement (density) of any Cummins motors. The 6CTA 8.3L seems happy to maybe 300hp or so, but this way grabbed another factory certified 100hp, increased cold start ability, added free cruise control, etc... I have not installed it yet, but I do have it mated to a 13 speed RoadRanger for when it happens.

Also have a Cummins ISX Signature 600 if I was going to compete with anybody.

Steelreaper80

You guys are starting to give me the need more power bug! I thought I would be happy after fuel pump mods but now who knows. But then again, I know the higher HP I go the more stuff I will break.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting for potential buyers of M923/5a2 trucks. I was looking for this info when I was buying, years ago. This is the electric oil pressure gauge replaced by a mechanical one, so better resolution. Just snapped this pic 2 days ago:

View attachment 766518
IMG_7037.jpgGood to know my stock oil pressure gauge is likely close. Our fuel gauges look suspiciously related as well...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks