• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stocking the M750

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got a M750, decided I needed to centralize all my spare parts and MV tools. Got it for $1300. In pretty good shape. Came with some extras! lol.

Behind the front storage shelving, I found 4 cans of Bud, an ancient hot plate, (still works!) an old paper plate, and a frying pan.

One row of inside shelving is gone, and I have gotten most of the center isle lights to work. I can't get any of the 'wing' lights to work, even with new bulbs and condensers. Next step is to pull the lights down and start going around with my multi meter. I did wire it up so all three phases ran off the one, as nothing in it currently is 3 phase.

I started to empty out the easy to find items from my barn and putting them on the shelves. I'm thinking of taking out the right side shelves and finding a work bench to put in there.

This is just the first hours worth of transferring, I may have to leave the other set of shelves at this rate, I've got tons more! I'm trying to put all the electrical general parts in the same place, and vehicle specific (M37, M915, etc) to a single column of shelving, so hopefully the parts will be easier to find.

I did notice that the heaters were removed and the ducts sealed, due to asbestos. They didn't do that good a job though, the elbows weren't even bolted down, and I was digging around in there before I read up on the MWO and saw the plaques. Oh well, I'm going to die eventually anyway...

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you have covers for the front of those shelves or you are not going to tow it anywhere. You'll be playing 500 part pickup every time you go somewhere.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has the expanded metal to cover the shelves:beer:
Honestly I only see me towing it into the back pasture and parking it close to the barn for now. I doubt I will tow it anywhere off the 'compound'. I don't want to sell the parts I do have so it's not like I would take it to a rally.

If I was in the parts selling business, this would be the rig I would want. let people up with a basket and set up a cash register at the bottom of the stairs.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics! everyone loves pics!

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just a wild thought.... there is a light switch that if you turn it on... it unpowers those lights and powers up the battle latterns or black out lights. that is what is on mine at least:beer:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Tim,
Thanks for the suggestion, I was out poking with my multimeter just a little bit ago, adjusting all the switches, and closing the door, new tubes and condensers, and none of the wing lights will light. Next step is to pull the fixture and check for power there. All the outlets have power, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks