• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stolen credit card info at gl

L999here

...good possibility

GL probably got their system hacked..and does not want to admit it. If so...we could all be in trouble. There are several auctions going on I'm interested in...and having second thoughts.

chemicaljohn

I don't know. My paypal draws out of my bank account. I believe I'd rather have somebody run up a big CC bill than to drain my bank account. I know they say you're still protected with your bank account but it would seem to be easier to get the CC straightened out (because you owe them money) than to get your bank account fixed (because they owe you money).
Be careful with that. I had my Paypal linked to the bank account too a few years ago. Someone spent a few grand... I got it all back, but it took about a month. Being it was over $100 I had to file a police report. A few weeks later, the detective called and said it was tracked to a computer terminal at paypal. . Credit cards are safer, I think. Although, someone spent $300 on a BofA card I had in the spring, that took me 2 months to straighten out. Mainly because nobody I talked to knew what to do about it and they tried leaving all the disputing up to me, which wasn't happening. Then I'd get letters from them requesting a written statement requiring it by a certain date that usually was 2 -3 days after I got the letter, or I was going to be responsible for the charges. Needless to say, I don't have a BofA card anymore. I don't like them... at all.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paypal is not secure by any means, just another leach company in my experience. And I saw this coming with GL's general trends, I have yet to give them my info. I just bid with a non-bank linked paypal then contact Heidi on GL chat to hold payment charges until I call/wire/etc.

Amex has been all too good to me, only had one unauthorized charge and they immediately refunded it over the phone. No issues with BofA yet.. *knock on wood*

WARWAG

I have never had ANY issues with BofA. In fact my bank manager OKed a cashiers check for me so I could cash it at another BofA when I was out of State. I was on my way to pick up a new snowcat and the 10 day wait for it to clear was not antiticipated on my part. My banks manager saved my butt on that one. She just talked to the other manager and I had my cash.

combatmech

It might just be a B of A issue, GL getting hacked does sound plausable though. I had my BoA card number used in South Africa last month. I had to call them twice to get the card turned off.

DieselBob

Although, someone spent $300 on a BofA card I had in the spring, that took me 2 months to straighten out. Mainly because nobody I talked to knew what to do about it and they tried leaving all the disputing up to me, which wasn't happening. Then I'd get letters from them requesting a written statement requiring it by a certain date that usually was 2 -3 days after I got the letter, or I was going to be responsible for the charges. Needless to say, I don't have a BofA card anymore. I don't like them... at all.
Sounds like the same crap I went through with BoA. I will never have any dealings with them again. After 12+ years of a perfect history they treated me like some kind of dead beat. 2cents

Reactions: Buz

86m1028

Sounds like the same crap I went through with BoA. I will never have any dealings with them again. After 12+ years of a perfect history they treated me like some kind of dead beat. 2cents
Im with you, BoA will not ever get another penny from me.
Almost 20 years & got fee'ed to death.

velociT

I hope someone finds something out soon...

I just got a new debit card and don't really want to put the new one on there until I'm sure the problem is fixed... :|

WARWAG

When I had some fraudulant use of my card. The female bar tender added a $100 dollar tip for herself BofA creditted the money right back and gave everything to my local Sherrifs dept. My mom left her card at the cashiers (grocery store) and the clerk there ended up buying a bunch of groceries and then did a cash transfer. I think it was Western Union but I may be wrong. At that point BofA called my mom and she told them her card was in her purse. Turns out it wasnt and they refunded her money. The Sherrif bagged that dirt bag to. BoofA for us has been top notch. But ANY company is only as good as the employee your dealing with. I need to rethink this whole GL thing.

mikeroot2

A couple months back my bank card(citizens) was hijacked. They did 3 charges for $10 each in Great Britain on the same day. When those worked they charged $980+ at hotels.com

Citizens made it all right within a week. It was the same card I have on file at GL, but I use it everywhere(or did)

I check my bank account at least once daily and also instructed the bank not to authorize any out of country purchases.

No matter how careful you are someone somewhere can still get your info. None of us are safe.

Thanks for the reminder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks