• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stolen Recovery Shackle

WARWAG

The bad thing is that I removed the cotter pin and put a pull out pin on for quick release for when I needed to pull someone out. The back shackles I left the cotter pins in. When I find a new one I will cotter pin them or get a small nut and bolt. Since I always carry a tool kit pulling them off wont be as big as a hassel as it is trying to find a replacement shackle!. Live and learn.

Sorry to hear about your Hardigg Medical case. Some peolple just have NO RESPECT for others property. You can only hope they try something like that again but this time there are cornered by a hungry mad Pitbull :shock:

ODdave

All of my spares have hair pin clips in them. I do have 2 without pins if you where wanting to run bolts though. Let me know if your interested.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Need help in finding one front recovery shackle and pin. Someone stole one of mine off of my M1028.:cookoo: I looked on Ebay but I think those are for a diffrent military vehicle as the pin mount is offset from center. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
After reading ALL three pages, It has become very OBVIOUS that the recovery shackle is the only thing worth steeling and NOT the WHOLE cucv, this KNOWLEDGE should make cucv owners feel relieved knowing that when they wake up in the morning the cucv will STILL be in the driveway.

dstang97

After reading ALL three pages, It has become very OBVIOUS that the recovery shackle is the only thing worth steeling and NOT the WHOLE cucv, this KNOWLEDGE should make cucv owners feel relieved knowing that when they wake up in the morning the cucv will STILL be in the driveway.
How does a troll become a moderator? Maybe your not smart enough to read the manuals and understand the truck. Ever think your the problem and not the truck.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hair pin clip replacement.

All of my spares have hair pin clips in them.
Slight hijack... some of my hairpin clips are missing or broken - can anyone point me in a direction for replacememnts - thanks.

Matt1031

Slight hijack... some of my hairpin clips are missing or broken - can anyone point me in a direction for replacememnts - thanks.
Tractor Supply Company or Northern Hydraulic will generally always have 'em and you can get a few different styles. If there's not a TSC store near you, ACE hardware usually has assorted hairpin clips in the hardware aisle (the aisle with the nut and bolt bins).

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a hair pin clip?
The pins I need may be called (coil-over) "Daiper" pins.
Apparently a version is available from performance retailers - though extremely pricey but also hardware stores - though neither have the pin part as long as the military ones. They'll do for now. Have to wait and see if the pin diameter is big enough.

I also started a WTB thread.

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is close to what I had on my Shackle when it was stolen. A Cotter Pin is a bit more difficult to remove by hand.
I was wondering why those shackles were in a locker when I got my truck. Perhaps that's where they should stay 'till they're needed for towing.

I got a set from pep-boys a while back. They have them in various sizes.
... yup, seen their adverts on TV, but none near us sadly.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks