• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stomped on brakes and blew something. .

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So leave the house today to go get food, deuce is only vehicle I have running right now.

Head down road and a neighbor pulls out without looking, I narrowly miss him and the ditch. Stomped on brakes hard and then lost all brakes. Come back and front left wheel is covered in fluid.....

uploadfromtaptalk1411498212781.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411498234602.jpg

Getting ready to dig in and look, but thoughts on what just happened?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won't be to difficult to trouble shoot, fluid on both sides of the wheel leads to a bad wheel cylinder assembly. Please check the rest of the system if recent service has not been accomplished. Age is the common denominator.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hose blew out for sure. Going to redo the wheel boot etc as it's leaking grease. Touch on brakes and it shoots it all over, even back to fuel tank.

FloridaAKM

And I thought the oil dripping on the inside of the right front tire was a problem. Your neighbor can't see that Deuce of yours coming down the street? Must be a cell phone involved on the neighbors part.

You seem to have had happen, what we Deuce drivers fear, a complete brake system failure, due to the loss of a split brake line. Glad that no one was hurt & no damage happened. You don't have a dual brake system Deuce do you?

Get her repaired & thanks for sharing your almost very bad moment here!

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am just thankful the old guy didn't end up with me driving over his Rav4, few enough Vietnam vets left without me killing them.

Add that to my suburban blowing oil everywhere, and totaling my Lincoln on Sunday, been a great week.

Unfortunately I think half this guy's issue is that he is beyond where he should be driving :(

I have a few weeks until truck is needed so am going to do a full service on both wheels, all hoses up front etc.

Am sick of cleaning my underwear if you know what I mean, my son too LOL

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only one blew out a hose. Have ordered a full set, will just redo all of them, if one is going all will. Will replace the boots and master cylinders at same time.

welldigger

Either order peashooters brake line kit or go to a local hose shop and have some usa made rubber ones made (what I did). The replacement ones sold by most vendors are Asian made and of terrible quality.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So moving on from all this.... got new hoses, installed. Installed new steel brake lines on axles. Hit brakes during bleeding and a hole suddenly blew in the line from front back to master cylinder. Replaced that.

Did new wheel cylinders on front, so now whole brake system from master forward is all new. Backs will wait a few weeks so i can get the $$ together.

Of course the best part was when i nicked the main air line from tank..... had to cut and splice in a new section. The NAPA guy has seen me a lot.

rustystud

So moving on from all this.... got new hoses, installed. Installed new steel brake lines on axles. Hit brakes during bleeding and a hole suddenly blew in the line from front back to master cylinder. Replaced that.

Did new wheel cylinders on front, so now whole brake system from master forward is all new. Backs will wait a few weeks so i can get the $$ together.

Of course the best part was when i nicked the main air line from tank..... had to cut and splice in a new section. The NAPA guy has seen me a lot.
After awhile the NAPA guy will start calling you by your first name and then he will start giving you a fleet discount !!! See it's a win win situation !!!

bigbe5678

I have been to my NAPA guy so many times he checks the obituaries when he doesn’t see me for few days:clinto:

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks