• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stop water on the floor 2 man set up

hummer4x4guy

Guys I just got in the following AMG parts today to work on solving the issue of rain water from flooding the front of the truck. Part #'s are 5938744A for the aluminum bracket piece and 5939988 for the "seal-cargo Flr/back pan.
My plans are to prime and paint it and attach directly to the bulkhead. If you have the front tie downs installed this can slip under those and the bulkhead will still bolt in. If this setup keeps water out enough without rivits or bolts I'll just run it like that. To each their own if this is a problem for your truck and rain. uploadfromtaptalk1430169235082.jpg

GMVguy

Guys I just got in the following AMG parts today to work on solving the issue of rain water from flooding the front of the truck. Part #'s are 5938744A for the aluminum bracket piece and 5939988 for the "seal-cargo Flr/back pan.
My plans are to prime and paint it and attach directly to the bulkhead. If you have the front tie downs installed this can slip under those and the bulkhead will still bolt in. If this setup keeps water out enough without rivits or bolts I'll just run it like that. To each their own if this is a problem for your truck and rain. View attachment 556705
Cool! Will these parts work for the 4-man bulkhead setup as well?

hummer4x4guy

Mlacek, on 2nd look you would need two brackets and two seals or neoprene seal of some type on the bottom. The seal that is designed for it doesn't stick on its essentially a round rope kinda seal. I'll post some photos later when I get home to show the underside.

hummer4x4guy

uploadfromtaptalk1430498492873.jpg
Here is a photo of the underside of the bracket and the seal that is designed to work with it. If ya need two side by side it would make sense to cut the brackets in the middle on both ends that would touch to remove the small section which doesn't have the grove to accept the seal to sit under it

GMVguy

View attachment 557311
Here is a photo of the underside of the bracket and the seal that is designed to work with it. If ya need two side by side it would make sense to cut the brackets in the middle on both ends that would touch to remove the small section which doesn't have the grove to accept the seal to sit under it
Excellent - thanks!

whistlepig

Curtain to floor sealing

Looking for ideas to keep the draft out on my 2 man soft top rear curtain. I can't be the only one that ever tried to address the situation. Besides going with an artic top kit or an application of duct tape how do you military guys or anybody for that matter ,seal up the draft?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks