• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stopbit's M1009 CUCV

Stopbit

I'm new to the forum and new to CUCV's but picked one up today off CL after my Friend Wrex came to town with his and put the idea in my head. It has a 4" lift with 33" tires, 46k miles, and a few other mods. A little rust but nothing I can't take care of. It does appear to have a oil leak from either the oil pan or rear main seal that I will have to take care of but runs great otherwise. Ordered new tail, marker, and parking light lenses from LMC and picked up stuff to do an oil change and seal/gasket replacement after I cleanup that area and identiy where leak is coming from.

Attachments

mistaken1

Nice truck. If you do not want that mounting plate on your dash what ever you do, do not throw it away. There are a number of members on here looking for those things. Give it away or sell it but please don't trash it.

Stopbit

I changed the oil and filter, replaced air filter, cleaned CDR with a little fuel, and ordered Amazon.com: Standard Motor Products PCV Valve: Automotive which is the best match I could find for the CDR valve. Cleaned off the oil pan and area around it with degreaser and rinsed with water. Looks like previous owner used some kind of marine spin on fuel filter that says not for use on diesel engines right on the side of it. Going to look for a stock replacement or a proper spin on one. Thinking maybe I can just replace filter but all the applications seem to be for gas boat engines.

Attachments

Last edited:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed the oil and filter, replaced air filter, cleaned CDR with a little fuel, and ordered Amazon.com: Standard Motor Products PCV Valve: Automotive which is the best match I could find for the CDR valve. Cleaned off the oil pan and area around it with degreaser and rinsed with water. Looks like previous owner used some kind of marine spin on fuel filter that says not for use on diesel engines right on the side of it. Going to look for a stock replacement or a proper spin on one.
Hmmm, don't know if that one will work without modifying...

Do a "M1009" search on eBay Motors and you'll see a seller with the correct one for near that price plus small shipping charge (not mine...).

I'd post the link, but "that's" not allowed around here...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went ahead and also ordered the correct CDR valve from e-bay as well. Figure I can keep the other one around for a backup.

Good to hear. Let us know what you think of it (fit, finish, etc.)...

I've been "eye-balling" that one on eBay - just haven't pulled the trigger to buy it yet...

;)

Stopbit

Engine noise

Posting a sound clip of my engine running. Seems a little noisy (knocks, etc) but I'm new to diesel so wanted to have someone else listen.

Attachments

wrex

Not yet, ran out of money until next payday. ..
I hate it when that happens, lol. Waiting on my next check for some more goodies (and a freakin hatch-window crank), myself. Currently shopping for new front seats. Think I found some good 2008 Jeep Wrangler seats that would look pretty good in it.

Speaking of seats, if I get the Jeep seats, I'm going to have to get a different set of Smitty Bilt MOLLE gear seat covers. Want to buy mine?

Stopbit

Rust

So found a couple rust holes when I was replacing my weatherstrip for the drivers door. Since I don't have a welder or how to use one not sure how I'm going to deal with my rust issues. Any advice? Did get new vent window and door panel installed and replaced the wiring harness for the front lights which solved my headlight issue. Also need to get back to finishing my other project (skoolie).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks