• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stoplight wiring

bones1

I just replaced my stock rear lights with the led models and now my stoplights don't come on. Anyone run in to this?.What # wire is the stop light wire so I can see if they worked before the swap.Thanks.

3dAngus

Happens to about 90% of the population here. Bad ground, or you need the newer flasher that is electronic instead of mechanical.

Had to look it up.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How will knowing the wire number, tell you if they worked before?

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
main light switch feed

light sw. (ht) to service headlamp or dimmer sw.

dimmer switch to upper beam

dimmer switch to lower beam

light sw. (bod) to blackout driving lamp. Incl. Resistor

light switch (bht) to blackout marker lamps

light switch (ht) to service tail lamp

light switch (s) to service stop lamp

light switch (bs) to blackout stop lamp

light switch (bht) to blackout tail lamps

Attachments

Last edited:

bones1

Thanks for the picture Dog.Everything works except the stoplights. The old lights did not have separate ground wires like the new LEDs do. I attached to the housing to frame bracket.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you unplug the brake light switch, you can use a meter and check for voltage. You should have 24v on one of the two wires. If you do, you can then jumper the two wires together to test the brake lights.

Be sure your 2 lever is on.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To test for a bad ground, I find it easiest to remove the lense. Then, run a wire from the negative battery terminal, to the light bulb socket. If that makes it come on, you know you have a bad ground.

Both bolts are uses for grounds.

bones1

I'll jumper it out tomorrow and see what I get. On these new led taillights there is a separate ground terminal wire not found on the OEM lights. I attached the new ground wire under cleaned light housing mounting bolt. All of the lights work except stoplight. I have the newer pushbutton dash switch set to service lights .Thanks Dog.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks