• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stopped at Colemans last Thursday6-11

OLDCHEV4X4

I was headed up to the Line Mountain Race track last week for some off road racin, and since i go right thru Millersburg, i had to stop at colemans for some shopping. The girls shop at the mall....I shop at the junkyard. I was looking for another tool box for my M116 generator trailer and some bows for a M101a1 and whatever else caught my eye.
Plenty of M35's and acouple of M109's

Attachments

OLDCHEV4X4

We saw a couple M880's. The contact truck was striped out.
A bunch of MEP's in various sizes and a pinch roller that looks like it could curl 1/2 plate.
A Deuce that has a date with the torch. I got the trailer plug off the back so that i could make a adapter for my civi truck.
And some lube trailer's that all looked intact.

Attachments

OLDCHEV4X4

The trailers in the lower field have seen better days. I could identify some, but it was a dangerous pile to dig through. Sharp jagged metal everywhere. I got some trailer shackles and some push-pull pins for the M116. I wanted a landing leg and some saftey chains but i needed some 1/2 drive tools and some PB Blaster for that job.

There was a bunch of these generator things there too. Or mabey they were heaters. I dont know.

Attachments

OLDCHEV4X4

We took a different trail on the way back and my helper spoted a compressed gas trailer with......a tool box. So we walked up to John's shop bay for a OK and a price. He was gone for the day. It was 16:45 and they close at 17:00.
So i double timed it up to the store and rang the bell. I told the nice lady what i wanted and she said talk to John. Johns not here. She made a call to the other shop and nobody answered cause its so close to quitin time. She said come back tomorrow.
"I cant"
So she called the owner at his condo in the Bahama's. (I don't know).
He asked what it was, where is it, whats it made out of, what size is it, what color is it, etc etc.
$15
SOLD!

So the nice lady says, pay for it now, cause we are all gonna be gone by the time you get back.

I'm at Colemans, by myself, with permission........YEE HAA!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are Herman Nelson Ground heaters. They are self powered(diesel engine driven) fuel burning heaters(like a salamander/torpedo). Rated at 400000 BTU. You use flexible ducting to direct the heated air to whatever you need to heat. The output air is 100% clean and regulated between 120 and 280 degrees F.

Last edited:

OLDCHEV4X4

On the way out , i stop and look at some surface grinders. And I see some cables hanging out of a dumpster. Slave cables. In the trash. A whole bunch of them.
I will have to come back another day for them.
And bring a bigger truck too.

Attachments

dentman

more intel please!!! that looks to be a treasure trove of goodies. did you find spoils in the tool box from the trailer? i suspect its' been picked over but who knows....

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not wait too long for the slave cables. You can't find the cable for under 50$. I'd get it all. Wish I was closer.:cry:

OLDCHEV4X4

The toolbox had about 20 or 25 feet of 5/16 braided SS hoze. Its connected to a fitting that is bolted thru the back of the box. It has a regulator in line.
It reads:
Valve Oxygen Line,
High Pressure
Aircraft Servicing Assembly
No. 5669

What it sevice's i dont know.

It had McGuire AFB stickers on it.

I cant go back for awhile, so the cables will probley be gone or in the landfill.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like the contact truck. Welder and compressor were gone eh? From what I can see of the cables, they have the wrong ends. That could be good for the price. Just the cable itself would be nice to have for those of us with extra NATO ends.

OLDCHEV4X4

Like the contact truck. Welder and compressor were gone eh? From what I can see of the cables, they have the wrong ends. That could be good for the price. Just the cable itself would be nice to have for those of us with extra NATO ends.
Yea, I noticed that it had the flat plug on the end. But there was alot more cables in the bottom of that dumpster and they all cant have the wrong end...... Ok, they could have. But the cable itself was worth getting. If we weren't there by ourselfs, i would have jumped in and sorted them out.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I think the cables look like the type used with electric forklifts for recharging.

Looks like you had a lot of fun though.