• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stopped by the NCSHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenjeepster

I wouldn't worry about Florida.... too many AARP members down there for them to change their tax code and risk them all packing up and moving elsewhere.... I have a neighbor who lives in CT most of the year, but has a place in Florida and keeps all their vehicles registered there to avoid property taxes here in CT.

Hainebd

This sparked my interest since Brutes tags run out 3/31. So here is my question, my RAM pickup is registered as a non-commercial truck at 27,000 pounds. This is truck weight and trailer weight. It is diesel. Brute is registered at 5,000 pounds, MV did tags same time as title. In NJ both trucks are exempt from IFTA since they are Recreational vehicles and are not considered qualified vehicles. So what am I to do? Register deuce at 24,000? It is very expensive at $350 a year. Ram was more $406 but you have to do 4 years so $1600 and no refunds.

cabalaro

my tag for my duce is 275 in florida and the only way to insure it was with commercial ins because it weighs over 10k even though I only use it privately Progressive

FloridaAKM

I also use Progressive for the last 15 years, they charge me as a private truck, non commercial, for less than the 1988 4 W/D Toyota I used to drive. The tag runs about $145.00 a year.

turnkey

WOW that's bad for you....Sounds like it was cheaper to hire a commercial outfit to deliver the gravel...That is going to be one expensive driveway....Best of luck on this one....

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even the registering is getting weary. Unless you go the BMV/DMV and get the answers printed out from someone knowledgeable do not try to circumvent the laws, like registering it at lower weight (good luck with any insurance company if you have an accident and lied about it) than what it is supposed to be.

Yes, you will get different answers from different people at a government office and YOU may have to do more work but get it in writing or be able to cite the correct law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks