• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage Tank Dimensions

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up a mobile pumping set up with storage tanks and was looking for the dimensions of everything. Basically wondering if I can get the whole set up on a 16' trailer or not. Of course the tanks won't be stacked on each other like the picture.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The pump unit sits right at the back of the bed....the two tanks sit on the floor on the truck and are tied together with a hose. You can use the 24 volt pump by hooking it to the slave adaptor on the truck or rig it to gravity flow.

TexAndy

well, we wound up putting the tanks on with the skids pointing lengthways right up against eachother so the skids mated to eachother.

However, the trailer was about 6 inches too narrow to put the pump in sideways, like it would logically go. So the GL yard guys loaded it on lengthways on the end of the trailer. It just barely fit with nothing hanging off the end of the trailer.

The load was reasonably balanced at that point with two, 390 pound tanks adding to the tongue weight and one 790 pound pump about 1/3 on the trailer axles and 2/3 on the other side. Just to be on the safe side, we stopped at a home depot and put two 80 pound bags of cement in the pickup truck bed to add some more weight to the rear truck wheels.

Mark's got a picture of the whole thing.

Unloading went surprisingly smooth, using a 2 ton capacity harbor freight engine hoist. With a taller trailer, tho, we probably would have run out of travel on the hoist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks