• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Straight pipe

67_C-30

im thinking bout cuttin off the mufflers on my m1008 anyone else done this wat you guys think bout this
N/A 6.2's are loud as **** with straight pipes. They sound really good with Flowmasters though.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbUhVBCEAU&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZUAAUEY10[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcTKfaT1M8w[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoZ2snHhW4U[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSHU0w303g&feature=related[/media]

Westech

CPL
you get really SICK of the rap of the exhaust if you have no mufflers... its WAY too Loud. Really I use yo like the loud pipes but now days I enjoy my hearing and able to talk to the person next to me. Now I do have my Monte SS with 2.5 and flow masters but that is a fun toy... not something I drive all the time.

Tanner

im thinking bout cuttin off the mufflers on my m1008 anyone else done this wat you guys think bout this
Should fit in fine in Alabama, not so well here in NC... depends on how deaf your law enforcement people are. I did something similar to my truck when I was 16; the fun was over in 2 weeks when I got the 'fix-it' ticket from the Highway Patrol for 'improper exhaust/excessive noise'.

Tanner

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try an advanced search in the cucv forum for "straight pipes". several threads on this.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I group people who run straight pipes on the street in the same catagory as the drooling imbeciles that ride around with their stereos blasting out the window.....festering boils on the butt of humanity. As a matter of fact I just had an OP ED piece published in my school newpaper reflecting that opinion.

Noise for the sake of noise is a something we don't need in the hobby.....it just gives the opposition more ammo to regulate.

It is a quality of life issue.....no one has the right to intrude on someone elses peace and quiet.

I live out in the country for peace and quiet but I still have the occasional idiot that offends me by their rudeness and stupidity.....if I am out in the yard I always render the center digit salute to let them know how much I appreciate their intrusion. None have them have been stupid enough yet to confront me about it.

When I drive my dueces I always run at the lowest RPM possible if I am near folks......there is no need to run it wide open just to attract attention. I have installed a muffler on my M275 which had a natually aspirated engine in it and came to me without one.

A good set of Flowmasters will give your V-8 diesel a nice mellow sound without annoying the general population.

sarge1

I group people who run straight pipes on the street in the same catagory as the drooling imbeciles that ride around with their stereos blasting out the window.....festering boils on the butt of humanity. As a matter of fact I just had an OP ED piece published in my school newpaper reflecting that opinion.

Noise for the sake of noise is a something we don't need in the hobby.....it just gives the opposition more ammo to regulate.

It is a quality of life issue.....no one has the right to intrude on someone elses peace and quiet.

I live out in the country for peace and quiet but I still have the occasional idiot that offends me by their rudeness and stupidity.....if I am out in the yard I always render the center digit salute to let them know how much I appreciate their intrusion. None have them have been stupid enough yet to confront me about it.

When I drive my dueces I always run at the lowest RPM possible if I am near folks......there is no need to run it wide open just to attract attention. I have installed a muffler on my M275 which had a natually aspirated engine in it and came to me without one.

A good set of Flowmasters will give your V-8 diesel a nice mellow sound without annoying the general population.
Go ahead and tell us how you really feel about it. :):beer:

DokWatson

To each his own, I'll continue to render center digit salutes right back :beer:

dstang97

One of the best posts I have ever read.

NMC_EXP

You're not alone in that opinion:

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Regards

Jim