• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange clicking in dash?

Milbikes

Took the new M1008 for a ride this evening, and when going over bumps, there is a strange clicking in the dash near my left leg. It is semi-regular, almost sounds like a toy clicker. I thought it was some kind of a breaker or a relay, but it was too clear and sharp. As I went to lock the steering wheel with the chain, I discovered what I THINK it is. I'll go for another ride tomorrow to test my theory. Any guesses before I (Hopefully) reveal the source? H.

mtjbrown

Took the new M1008 for a ride this evening, and when going over bumps, there is a strange clicking in the dash near my left leg. It is semi-regular, almost sounds like a toy clicker. I thought it was some kind of a breaker or a relay, but it was too clear and sharp. As I went to lock the steering wheel with the chain, I discovered what I THINK it is. I'll go for another ride tomorrow to test my theory. Any guesses before I (Hopefully) reveal the source? H.

Well, we're waiting!!!:D:jumpin:

Milbikes

It turned out to be.....

The parking brake release lever. At certain speeds, it just starts jumping when truck hits bumps. Solutions (Other than not hitting bumps)?

Mudstone

ha mine started doing it today... it's not the parking break lever in my case. I don't have the energy to check it out so i went to cabella's and got some ear plugs. :cookoo:

kenny

two words DUCT TAPE!!! It fixes everthang.......:grd:
Spray Foam the stuff at Home-Depot Called TUFF STUFF
And it makes better faster repairs in rust holes than bondo.

and did I forget to say it stops any thing that vibrates, rattles or shakes and does wonders anoying neighbors loud honda tail pipes.I have not been woke up at 2:30am sence.

Last edited: