• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange Crank No Start Condition

dherman304

While you had the IP out did you confirm that the governor weights were turning? was there resistance to turning the input shaft?
The only reason I can think of that would cause the advance pin to be sheared is because the IP seized, sometimes that shears off the shaft, I would think if that were the case the input shaft would now turn rather easily.
You obviously have more time than money, I would not go through all that work without installing a known good or rebuilt IP.
Do you have the factory port caps for the intake ports? if not be extremely careful not to get any trash in the intake ports.

Even with the fuel in shutdown and or the pistons (they actually are called plungers) stuck as long as the transfer pump is turning/working it should be pushing fuel out of the return port with the fitting (check valve) removed.
weights seem to be moving freely, very little resistance to turning the shaft. It wouldn't freespin but would require a few ounces of pressure to get moving.

Im going to open up the inspection window and make sure I didnt snap another advance pin. While Im at it all check the weights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks