• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange deuce troop seats?

Sevensteps

Strange deuce troop seats...M342A2 dump?

I had Eric deliver my deuce from Forest Park GA...I knew it has what looked like a new set of troop seats in the rear of the bed when the pic was took. The plan was to use these nice seats/racks to replace the ones on my winch deuce truck.

OK, all going to plan...Decided to get the seats out and place them on my other deuce..When we went to put them in the holes didn't line up and they were too short. They are 127.5 inches or so.

I then did some research and seemed to find out that these seat racks are from an M342A2 deuce dump truck which is apparently an uncommon version of truck?

I would like to trade them even for a like condition set of standard M35A2 troop seats.

I listed them on the classifieds for $250. Do I have the correct identification?

Attachments

Last edited:

TexAndy

I dunno about the classification, but they look like nice fiberglass troop seats to me.

One of my deuces came with one fiberglass and one wood troop seat. It's kind of hard to find someone willing to part with just one troop seat, unfortunately.

jimm1009

These are the new style seats.
When a wooden slat is bad and they order a new one this is what they get
in place of the wood.
jimm1009 :-D

PS: Perhaps there is a difference in length between a M35A2 & a M35A2C seat due to the drop side.
Did these come from a drop side truck perhaps?

Sevensteps

These are the new style seats.
When a wooden slat is bad and they order a new one this is what they get
in place of the wood.
jimm1009 :-D

PS: Perhaps there is a difference in length between a M35A2 & a M35A2C seat due to the drop side.
No, these are defintely not for a standard deuce bed....Look at each the staves....Several are longer than others.

I got my info from a search of the archives and came up with this post:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/33655-pnw-m342-m342a2-dump-truck-troop-seats.html

His seats were the same exact size, look and dimensions as mine which leads me to believe that my seats are also from an M342A2 deuce dump truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is a tiny difference: there is a bracket for the rod that clips into a slot in the floor to help hold the sides rigid on a dropside. Only on one end. It's a threaded adjustment rod with hooks on each end. Otherwise they are the same.

emr

Funny the same exact thing happend to me, the measure ment i took is from the middle of the first uprite to the center of the last upright so to say if it were the holes in the truck for the set it would be first hole to last hole center measure 125 inchs, I also would love to part with mine, in norhern nj ...

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll trade you 100 NOS deuce inner steering shafts for them. You could be ebaying them for months.:grin:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sevensteps, you are correct. They are for a deuce dump. I recently sold a set for $100; not much demand for that particular size.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Side seat sections for a long bed deuce (M36 type) are 104 inches, I just measured mine. The might be for the long bed 5 ton, or as others have surmised - for the dump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks