• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange fuel leak at front of Injection Pump

ZZ4x4

I've got a fuel leak on a recently acquired 6.2 that dumps a lot of fuel (like a small river) down the engine valley. The fuel appears to be to be dripping from from the bottom of the injection pump flange where it meets the front engine cover. It's not coming from the plunger or shaft seals. It doesn't make sense to me because a driveshaft seal problem should dump fuel into the crankcase. How is fuel coming out where it is?? There is no weep hole up there right? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jeff

ZZ4x4

Well, I got in there with a small mirror and confirmed the fuel was coming from the very front of the housing. The rest of the pump is dry including around the shaft seals. I went ahead and pulled the injection pump and sure enough there is a weep hole at the very bottom right up next to the mounting flange. Looks like the driveshaft seal is leaking badly. Actually it's good there is a weep hole, since otherwise the fuel would have been pouring into the crankcase. Guess it's time for an injector pump rebuild.

MYM998

Ok. Mine is leaking at what appears to be between the pump and the front 3 bolt connection point. I put the correct gasket on. If fuel is coming from the seal area, does this mean I have the same problem?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks